Friday, November 20, 2015

Stocking Stuffer Gift Guide

How we do Christmas: Every year since the year we got married Devin and I set a budget for Christmas (smart right?) It's usually around $150-200 with a $50 cushion for stocking stuffers (each). Charlotte does not have a budget yet but I'm sure she will ASAP. We really haven't bought her much in past years (THANKS GRANDMAS!) and she is really just happy to tear anything open at this point. Its been SUCH a nice thing for our little family to set a budget ESPECIALLY for each other. We also email each other a nice long list of things we want for Christmas and then the other person gets to pick from that list what we actually get. So it's still kind of a surprise. Usually each of us throws a few things in that we didn't ask for- like last year I made Devin an airplane blanket and he got me these really cool fair isle mittens that I LOVE. Anyway- I digress.... 
Our Christmas shopping is usually fairly easy the way we have it set up but there is one thing.... ONE THING that Devin always fails to put on his list...
STOCKING STUFFERS

I don't know about you, but I feel like stocking stuffers are the WORST thing to shop for, for men. I usually try and make his stocking stuffers real surprises by getting things not on his list (since he doesn't send me a stocking stuffer list anyway haha). So, here are some stocking stuffer ideas for men, women, and children. Because I can't be the only one who stresses about stocking stuffers right?
(Clink on the photos to be taken to product site!)


MEN
 So here's the thing. I try and either think about what my husband usually USES or LIKES for these things. I TRY and keep it around $50 for stocking stuffers although sometimes I do go a few bucks over. Some ideas! SHAVING STUFF: My husband LOVES his shaving stuff and is a big fan of the Jack Black line or The Art of Shaving (ladies, you can buy a gift set, open the box, and throw it into the stocking- boom! Done! Please be warned that the link for the Art of Shaving Kit takes you to the pricey one but I PROMISE there is an affordable version that is under budget! $30!) FACE STUFF: My husband LOVES these Boscia face scrubbers. He uses it every day and its really affordable (shhhhhh Devin is getting one in his stocking!) Also, last year I bought him these Peter Thomas Roth mini masks which we BOTH use (WIN WIN!) and love. SCARVES: Black Friday is the BEST time to buy these suckers because the nice ones get pricey OR just make one! Guys need to have warm necks too. SOCKS: Smart wool socks or dress socks always go down well in our house hold. TIE or CUFF LINKS: Every year Devin gets a new pair of cuff links from me. In past years I have bought him airplane ones, gear shift ones, transformer ones... the dude has an awesome collection of cufflinks now! Also, can't go wrong with a tie. Some other stuff I have done in the past: Candy! It sounds lame but it always goes down well. Usually I get him something he only gets at Christmas like Pirouettes or I special order HAPPY HIPPOS (because they are DELICIOUS  and it isn't something you can pick up at the local market around here). One year I bought him an OREO DIPPER and that was so fun to watch him open and use. I have also bought him new "coffee" mugs (for hot chocolate) and paper airplane books.




WOMEN
 I feel like women are so easy to do stocking stuffers for. Especially for women like me to love anything beauty/makeup. Men! (Are there men who read my blog? If your wife/girl friend likes Sephora by the register are a TON of mini products for great prices. Go there and stock up on stocking stuffers. OR right now is the BEST time to buy gift sets! Buy a gift set, open the box, and dump it in the stocking. Boom. Done. Some other ideas are: Bath bombs, bubble bath, a new book, makeup brushes/sponges, nail polish, hair products (I usually end up getting new shampoo and conditioner- fills up my stocking!), lotion, gloves/mittens, a new scrubby or loofa, favorite candy, lip gloss, SOCKS (I seriously get cozy socks every year!), $5 gift card to Starbucks... easy peasy. 


KIDS
I feel like kids are the easiest ones to buy for in the family (am I right?). At least for Charlotte because I feel like she would be happy with anything! Last year I seriously just bought her the stuffed animals from Doc McStuffins for her stocking (and that was it) and she STILL loves them. This year, the girl does NOT need anymore stuffed animals and I really don't like the idea of getting her candy. I know that not ALL of these toys below would fit into her stocking (I got a little carried away and some are pretty big- how fun are these!?!?!?) But some fun options are: A top! How fun would a spinning top be to get in your stocking? Musical instruments. Yes, makes for a loud Christmas morning BUT one to remember for sure. A view finder! I LOVE THESE! Some other ideas are: bubble bath, books, cars, microphone or voice changer (seen in red below), play camera, and bubbles! 


Stockings are always the first thing we open on Christmas morning and it's so fun to get the day going by being surprised by what's inside! Let's nail these stocking stuffers this year friends! What do you usually put in your stockings? (I remember Devin telling me they always got an orange in the toe when they were little? I had never heard of that!) 

1 comment:

diane capanna said...

I always have a hard time with stocking stuffers...thank for the ideas and you're the very best!!! I still think you blog is magazine worthy ~