Monday, November 30, 2015

Cold Weather Necessities

We have lived here for a little over 3 years and if there is one thing I have learned, it's how to stay warm in the cold! I remember "back in the day" when I moved to Idaho, my mom was so stressed out about be being warm she bought me these horrible clunky snow boots (which we returned- sorry mom) but I really never learned HOW to be stylish AND warm at the same time. I basically just wore a bomber jacket and converse to class every day in the -20 degree weather (AHAHAHAHAHA it's terrible but it's the truth!) Thank goodness my style has evolved from that. So, here are a few things to keep you warm, cozy, and stylish this winter.

#1. A COAT! But I'm not talking a ski jacket. No. A legit coat guys and gals. See the one down below with the toggles and hood? It's my fav. Even though I am pregnant I still wear it... just open (HAHA). Wool will be your very best friend. I seriously JUST got rid of the pea coat my mom bought for me for Christmas when I was 16. INVESTMENT PIECES I tell you. But if you don't like wool find a down or down alternative parka that STILL HAS SHAPE and won't make you look like a rectangle- unless you like looking like a rectangle.
#2. Boots. Ok, yeah if you are going to go out and treck in the snow, buy some legit snow boots, just don't wear them out to dinner. I bought a pair of brown leather boots 6 years ago and I STILL WEAR THEM TO THIS DAY. Want something that's kind of like a snow boot but way more fashionable? Hunter wellies! They are my favorite thing ever. Devin bought me some red ones 4 years ago and I never tire of them (I also have them in pink... black ones are on my list!). I wear these suckers in the snow all the time and I HAVE NEVER SLIPPED! Duck boots are also a fun option- yes, duck boots are on my Christmas list.
#3. Scarves. Any plain outfit can be dressed up with a scarf and so can any plain jacket! Patterned or plain, I don't leave the house without a scarf in the winter. 
#4. HATS! Ok. So, I get it. Hats mess up your hair. Stick a few dryer sheets in your purse and use them to help tame your hair when you take your hat off. Your body temp will thank you for wearing a hat. I am OBSESSING over J Crew's knit hats at the moment.
#5. Gloves. This is kind of a give in I feel like but I still see so many people out and about without gloves! People! PUT ON YOUR GLOVES! Your skin will thank you. I am LOVING anthro's line of fuzzy gloves at the moment! 

What are your winter must haves? Long johns? Cozy pajamas? Fuzzy slippers?
{Don't forget you can click on the image and be taken directly to the retailer to see prices and other options!}

No comments: