Saturday, October 3, 2015

Pregnancy Must Have's- Skin Care

Since this is my second go-round I feel like I know what I'm getting myself into (or at least I thought I did. This pregnancy has definitely been more difficult for me). I ordered the most expensive prenatal vitamins and started taking them months and months ago- ya know- just to have all that goodness in my system... but they made me sick. So, there's that. But I definitely have some tried and true favorites and some new favorites that have been helping my skin this go-around. Because to be honest, this is the absolute WORST my skin has ever been. Even worse than when I was a teenager. I'm going to Sephora today to hopefully find some type of hormone-induced-acne relief. Please note, there is only ONE truly "for pregnant ladies" item on here. The other 8 are for EVERYONE.

#1. L'Occitane shower gel. I know this has been on my favorites for awhile but I have switched to using this as my shower gel as well as my shave gel. It's so creamy and buttery and delicious. It makes my skin super soft and it smells divine.

#2. Boscia Konjac cleaning sponge. I bought one of these on a whim while I was visiting my parents in March and now both Devin and I can't live without it. I threw an old one away recently and Devin said, "Well, how am I supposed to wash my face?" So now it's a permanent resident in our shower. It's gentle exfoliation is perfect for everyday use and you can even use it on your eyes (if you want to of course).

#3. A good body scrub. Currently I am using Bloke's body scrub but Frank here is in my cart and ready for purchase (along with their body cream). No, I don't drink coffee but I am ALL for using it in a scrub. If you haven't already, go check out Frank Body's Instagram and find their before and afters for stretch marks. It's ridiculous. If a good scrub isn't in your arsenal, please go get one! It will change your skin.

#4. Mother's friend. The only "true" pregnancy item on this list. Some of you may remember this from my previous pregnancy favorites post. As soon as I found out I was pregnant, I stocked up on this baby. My mom used it through all 4 of her pregnancies- not a single stretch mark! I used it all through my pregnancy with Charlotte- not a single stretch mark! I use it once-twice a day depending on how my skin feels. Guys, I'm a believer in this stuff. Scrubbing + mother's friend= least likely to get stretch marks. (Please note, yes I do understand that stretch marks are widely hereditary).

#5. Peter Thomas Roth pumpkin enzyme mask. This is mostly on my list because it works so well and partly because it's October. Confession, I "stole" this from husband's medicine cabinet. I bought it for him as a stocking stuffer last Christmas and the man has yet to use it! So, I have put it to excellent use. I only use it once a week but man oh man it works wonders. If you don't want to buy the huge one for $$$ get the 3 mini's for $20 (at Sephora)! It's a great deal and you get to try 3 masks.

#6. Exfoliate by Kate Somerville. Ok, let me just start off by saying this stuff is pricey. But it's worth it. I use it 2-3 times per week (not on a day where I use the PTR mask. They smell very similar and combined would be too harsh and drying on the skin). It's so quick and simple! You only leave it on for 2 minutes and it works wonders. I have been using this stuff since before summer started and I am a huge fan.

#7. Korres wild rose overnight sleeping facial. This was also a purchase I made as soon as I found out I was pregnant. I used this all throughout my pregnancy with Charlotte and knew I needed it again for this one. I feel like this is definitely more for skin that is on the dry side (like mine is during pregnancy)- so if you are dry, this baby is for you.

#8. Lush cosmetics bath bombs. For Christmas last year I made all of my friends homemade bath bombs. I am a HUGE fan of relaxing in the tub (bonus, mine is a Jacuzzi tub) and Lush is always my go-to for bath bombs and bubble bars. You really can't go wrong with either.

#9. Kiehl's soy milk and honey whipped body butter. My tried and true. My ride or die. This will forever be my favorite lotion of all time until I can find something better (which has yet to happen in the last 3 years, and believe me I have tried my fair share).  Yes, it's insanely pricey for lotion but it LASTS FOREVER! The one I am currently using, I have had for 3 months and I am not finished with it yet. Plus, IT WORKS! I don't ever feel like I need to reapply and it smells divine.


No comments: