Monday, May 18, 2015

Almost 2



Dear Charlotte,

You are almost 2... but not quite. I am going to hang on to the "one" as long as I can (ahem, 2 more days- cue the tears). How is it that your first year seemed so long (because let's be honest- that baby stage was hard for me!) but this past year has just flown by? Time is such a thief. I get so sad thinking about how everything just keeps slipping away. The other day I called grandma and cried about how before we know it you will be leaving us and going off to college! I know, we have a few years yet for that. But judging how fast your 2nd year of life went it will be here before I am ready. I am not ready for you to grow up. I'm just not. And I refuse to believe that you are a big girl. But the other night I accidentally left my cup of apple juice on your highchair tray while I handed something to daddy and you took my cup and drained the entire thing! In a big person's cup! I was in shock. I wasn't ready (or expecting) that one. You are so stinking smart it's ridiculous. You can count to 9! Actually you can count to 11 but somehow you forget 10. You are so verbal I have lost count of how many words you know. You can't quite jump yet but it's so funny to watch you try. You run and flap your arms, and your bum is the cutest bum in the whole wide world. Don't even get me started on your feet. I'm obsessed with your little feet! Which is probably why you have so many shoes. You love your daddy. You just absolutely adore him and it fills my heart watching you two together. You love to boss Lucy around. "Ceecee! COME ON!" You love to eat yogurt for breakfast. You ask for it daily even before I get you out of your crib. You love swimming (we are putting you in swim lessons this year! hooray!), coloring, going to the park, and Mickey Mouse. You are hesitant in new situations and wary of new people. That's ok, it just means that you are cautious and careful. When you hold my hand or ask for it, it's the best thing in the whole world. Sometimes you ask for me to hold your hand when we are driving in the car. It's pretty much my favorite thing in life. You have started saying, "excuse me" when someone is in your way, and "where are you!?" if you can't find us. You can do all the motions to "the its bitsy spider" and it just about makes my heart burst each time. Every night you want me to sing, "I am a Child of God", "Spider", "Twinkle" and "Sunshine". You are my big girl helper. You love to throw away trash, blow your nose, dust, vacuum, and clean up your messes (for the most part). You love being "mommy" to your baby dolls, and lately on our walks you HAVE to take your baby doll stroller with you. You also love to collect rocks (or treasures as you call them). When I cry, you give me hugs and kisses and tell me, "it's OK mama." You love to eat soup and homemade bread. You also love my homemade pasta sauce. You will eat burgers but you aren't a fan of chicken. You love to steal my phone and pretend you are calling grandma. "Hello? Grandma? It's for you." Once a week we try and go out on a "Mommy and Charlotte date" and you love them just as much as I do. You love going to Target but mostly because we let you pick a prize from the dollar section when we go. You also love Sephora, and pretty much anything that is shiny and breakable. I still check on you every single night before I go to sleep and I just can't believe how big you are. You are the most beautiful thing in my life. I am so thankful for you and all you have taught me. No one makes me happier or makes me crazier than you and your daddy but I wouldn't want it any other way. I hope you know that no one loves you like daddy and I do. You are our angel baby. And you always will be.

Love,
Mommy

No comments: