Friday, December 20, 2013

7 months old!

Sometimes I really wish there was such a thing as "Never Never Land" because I really don't want my sweet babe to grow up any more. I already feel like this is going way too fast for my liking. (Although I do wish teething wasn't so rough on my girl. I would like to pass through teething quickly). Lately I have been thinking about what I was doing a year ago at this time. And a year ago my sweet girl was growing inside of me and it's so amazing that here she is! Also, a year ago I started wearing maternity pants. I can't say I miss those. But already I miss the teeny tiny Charlotte. Just yesterday I was at the store and I picked up a premie onesie and I about burst into tears. Not that long ago my sweet girl FIT into premie stuff! And now she is just so big. 90th percentile for HEIGHT!?She is just so much more active these days! She is SO CLOSE to crawling! I am thrilled for her but scared at the same time. A MOBILE BABY!!! She has exactly 1 tooth and is working on her second. Her bottom middle ones are the ones coming in (the right one was first). She LOVES cherry tomatoes. We gave her one at dinner to munch on the other night and she went to town. She also likes gnawing on carrots and teething biscuits. She is not a huge fan of "puffs" yet but she will get there. She loves grabbing ANYTHING that is within reach. I am so excited for her first Christmas. I know she won't remember it but I sure will. Silent night totally chokes me up these days, especially when it says, "Mother and child". It's crazy that last year I was dreaming of what it would be like to be a mother and now I am one with my own sweet babe. Motherhood has been the most challenging thing I have ever done and I make mistakes every single day. But this little girl is the light of our lives. 




Charlotte we love you so much! Keep growing, even though it makes mommy sad. 


No comments: