Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Triple Chocolate Scones

I don't know about you, but I'm a chocoholic. I was having a serious craving for chocolate last week and did not want to drag my babe to the store. So I had to see what I had in the cupboard and what I could whip up. I love scones. I love them most because I usually have the ingredients to make them on hand. I mixed and matched 2 recipes for this one (one from betty crocker and the other from my pumpkin chocolate chip scones) and the result was amazing. I love it when Devin comes home from work and I totally rocked my day. Do you ever have those days? Yeah, some days totally suck... but then there are the days that are amazing. The day I made these, I rocked. These scones are yummy, chocolatey and buttery. A definite repeat for us.

*Yes I realize I spelt "triple" wrong on my photo. I fixed it, but now I can't find the fixed photo... so the mistake stays...Forgive me!*

Triple Chocolate Scones:

You'll Need:
  • 2 1/4 cups flour
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp vanilla 
  • 6 tbsp butter, cold, cut in cubes
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream
  • 1 egg
  • 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
Extra 2 tbsp whipping cream and 1/2 cup chocolate chips for ganache topping

To Make: 
Using a paddle attachment of a stand mixer, combine all dry ingredients until well combined. Add butter next, let mix until "crumbly". Slowly add wet ingredients and let mix until a dough ball forms around the paddle (usually about 3-5 minutes). Divide dough in half and roll both halves out into circles. Cut the circles into triangles- act like you are cutting a pie into slices. Place triangles on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for about 12 minutes. Let cool and melt extra whipping cream and chocolate chips in the microwave for 30 seconds, stir, then microwave for 10 second intervals until melted. Drizzle ganache on top! Enjoy! 


2 comments:

Aspen Ballard said...

YUM YUM YUM! I can't wait to try these! Makeover With Aspen

Kayla Bainbridge said...

Not even going to try and make these, I'm already addicted to those pancakes you told me about. These would be too sinful!