Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Sweet Potato Kale Turkey Patties

You guys. I know the title of this recipe might sound a bit scary but let's just nip that in the bud ok? These are amazing. Seriously. I love them and you KNOW I don't post stuff that I don't love. I came across this recipe on a whim looking at paleo recipes and WHAM I decided to try it. I fell in love. The flavors are just amazing. Sweet from the sweet potatoes and savory from all the spices. This one is a favorite week night meal. I will also admit that I love these even better cold the next day. Is that weird? Probably. Anyway, try them for yourselves. You will not be disappointed. I promise.


Sweet Potato and Kale Turkey Patties
(Original Recipe)
2 green onion chopped
1/2 medium sweet potato (peeled and cubed)
2 1/2 cups kale leaves, chopped
1 lbs ground turkey
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 garlic clove, minced
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
1 egg
2 flour

Instructions:
Heat a large skillet over medium high heat with 1 teaspoon olive oil add green onions. Cook until tender –about 5 minutes. Add sweet potatoes and cook for 4 to 5 more minutes.  Add kale and cook until wilted, about 2 to 3 minutes.  Set aside. Add meat to a large mixing bowl.  Add salt, garlic, paprika, Dijon mustard, rosemary, egg, coconut flour, and sweet potato mix.  Mix together with hands until well combined. Separate turkey mixture into 6 to 7 even patties. Coat a large non-stick pan with olive oil. Add patties and cook until golden crust forms, about 5 to 6 minutes, then flip to the other side and cook until golden and cooked through.
We loved these served with rice and avocado. I even added some balsamic ketchup to dip them in. Seriously SO good!

No comments: