Wednesday, November 13, 2013

My thighs touch


(These mint skinny cords are my goal)

Ugh, so since this is my blog I am going to tell you something- mostly because I see so much verbal vomit around the Internet concerning weightless and exercise and the "mommy excuse". 
My thighs touch. 
And they ALWAYS have. 
I honestly cannot remember a time when they didn't. Even when I was at my skinniest they touched. 
2 more things I am going to tell you... I work out... but I also like to eat (obviously if you have seen any of the recipes I post). 
I do not see myself as "fat" or "overweight" although Hollywood might think differently about that one... but I also don't see myself as "skinny".
I see myself as "healthy" and I like it. 
I work out 4-6 days a week for at least 30-50 minutes
I also eat. I eat because I need to eat and I need to feed another human being with my body.
WEIGHT LOSS is hard for most of us. It takes a lot of effort with exercise AND in the kitchen (the 2 go hand in hand in case you weren't aware). But there are some people who are just plain blessed with a perms-skinny bod.
Don't let those people discourage you. Just because that isn't your body type doesn't mean you can't be healthy. You can! You just have to want it and work at it. 
Look- I'm just tired of all these things popping up about "what's your excuse" and then everyone getting all ticked at the girl who posted it. 
If you don't like the way your body looks, either get over it or do something about it.
I'm tired of seeing the whining... mostly because I watch The Biggest Loser every week and every week someone is crying. I get it. A lot of people have emotional baggage and they eat their feelings.
I GET having an emotional relationship with food. That's why there is a term called "comfort food". 
When I was in high school, I capped out at my heaviest at 153 (before becoming pregnant... I won't tell you THAT number haha).
We had just moved away from a place I had lived all my life. We moved from a nice home where I had my own room, to where I was living in a loft with a "curtain" for privacy.
I ate whole boxes of cheez-it's and a half gallon of ice cream in one sitting.
I had boys "moo" at me at a church function. I went home and cried to my mom about how fat I was. She went out and bought me lean cuisines.
I lost a ton of weight when I joined the track team my Sophomore year.
I remember that first practice I could not even run a mile. It was just embarrassing.
But I worked hard and I liked it! I cut out soda and ate healthy.
I kept it off until I went away to college. I gained the typical freshman 15.
So I started running 30 minutes a day at the gym... and an hour on Fridays.
I didn't lose any weight.
I was really frustrated with myself and even went to the doctor to find out why I wasn't losing weight.
Nothing changed.
I left school, came home, met Devin, got engaged, bought "The Firm" workouts (cardio plus weight training... who knew!?) and lost 13 lbs before my wedding...
And I kept it off and lost a little bit more in all the years we have been married.
Currently, I weigh less than I did when Devin and I met but I am still not down where I was before I had Charlotte... and I am OK with that right now. It took my body 9 months to get to the way it was and as much as I want it to be back NOW I am trying to be patient. 
If you don't want to spend hours at the gym then don't. I don't. I don't have the time to be a gym rat. I do my workouts at home.
If you don't want to eat healthy, or don't like eating healthy... then stop complaining.
Healthy eating can be delicious I promise.
If you eat like crap you will feel like crap- true story. 
I get it if you don't want to eat like a rabbit. We don't eat like that over here. 
I get a treat a week, that way I don't feel deprived.
(Holiday's are exclusions... I plan on having plural desserts in a few weeks)
I will never be a Victoria's Secret model, and frankly I don't really want to be one. I like being me. I like working out and feeling strong and healthy. I like when I eat right because it makes me feel good. But I also like eating a cookie and not wanting to go run a mile afterwards. 
Yes, my thighs touch.
And I have cellulite on my behind
And my stomach is definitely not as tight as it used to be before C
AND I have a pair of mint skinny cords I am dying to get into (I bought them 2 weeks before I found out I was pregnant)...
But if you walked out of the hospital after having a baby in your pre-baby wardrobe... you go girl.
If you have the time to spend 3 hours a day at the gym and have washboard abs... you go girl.
If you have embraced your curves and don't give a crap what other people think about you... you go girl. 
Be happy with who you are and what you have. And if you aren't happy. Do something about it. Don't complain about it and get huffy and puffy at something who worked for what they got.
And that is my unprofessional opinion on the matter. 
^^^Yes, I will be doing this exact thing once I fit back into these^^^
***AND if this post offended you... I apologize.*** 

3 comments:

Diane's Photography said...

Whitney you are darling~

Aspen Ballard said...

WHOOHOO! I love this! I am also bfing and love food (I also love working out...but mainly so I don't feel bad about eating pumpkin cake haha)
Makeover With Aspen

Tearsa Roberts said...

Amen!!! You look amazing girl! I remember after I had my baby thinking oh dang I look so skinny but I still couldn't fit in my jeans I was so bummed! I also gained a bunch on my back haha soooo gross!! It took me a while to fit in my skinny jeans. Now I'm struttin my stuff even though I'm still not where I wanna be. But! Who cares?! I've got way more important things to worry about! And I agree with you on the food-I can't say no to food!

Living In Color Mom