Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Guest Post, Living in Color Mom

Today, we have a very special post from my new blogging bff Tearsa from Living in Color Mom. Because you can have blogging bf's... I'm convinced of it. She has the most adorable little family! I just know you will love reading her blog as much as I do. We traded blogs today so don't forget to go over and check out my  "It's OK..." post there. And while you are there... stay awhile and enjoy meeting someone new. 

Hey everyone! I'm the socially awkward girl from Living In Color Mom! I live in Utah where there are very few mixed race families and we are asked a lot of questions. This is my opportunity to give a little glimpse of our wonderfully unique family. Every week I also have the pleasure of featuring another adorable mixed-race family which has been so much fun. In addition to talking about my family, I love sharing DIY projects, recipes and stories from my world travels living as an Ex-Pat for 15 years. I have grown up with so much culture and I have so much to be grateful for. Come join me, as I'm living in color!

My sweet friend invited me to her brother's fiance's bridal shower. She lives an hour away so I don't see her as often as I would like. Even though I didn't know the bride-to-be, I wanted to go, but forgot to get her a gift. My dad pulled out some unopened kitchen items stored away to choose from. My best option was a Tater Twister-A little machine that cuts curly fries for you. How awesome! Everyone loves curly fries, right?!
I get there and pass by the gift table. My gift is an outcast amongst the Victoria's Secret bags and Crate&Barrel boxes-Uh oh! It's OK, Tearsa, she doesn't know you and you may never see her again. And who knows, maybe she really loves curly fries...I really hope she loves curly fries...
 
We eat and mingle for a while. I'm looking at the clock. "Time for presents" they announce. AHHH. OK! Time for me to go! I can't watch her open the Tater Twister. Say my goodbyes. Not fast enough! First present opened is a gorgeous tote. Next two: Victoria's Secret lingerie. Uh oh! This is not a tater twister bridal shower! This is a "pin-the-hose on the fireman, lingerie gifting" shower! How did I not get the memo? Pack your bags faster, Tearsa! I grab Terrin and get out!
 
I'm walking to my car. Wait, where is your toy, Terrin? Uh oh, he left it inside. Sorry, buddy, but Mom's not going back in-She's probably opened my gift. Ahh, but that toy was really nice. OK I'll go, I'll go, I'll go! Went back in there-such an awkward moment! I grabbed the toy and walked back out, feeling everyone's eyes on me. She totally opened the Tater Twister...

photo

5 comments:

Tricia Smeda said...

You have a adorable family! I've had those very same moments of, um....I don't want to go back in there!!!! What part of Utah do you live in? Whitney is a beautiful person on the inside and out. She's very fun and I love reading her blog!

Diane's Photography said...

Awkward moments are certainly hard to forget, we all relate! The post was cute, your family is darling, you're gorgeous, hubby is handsome and baby...well bring him to me so I can cuddle him, precious ;)
p.s. I'm a gramma

Dlarosa13 said...

Hi ~ Found you from Whitney's blog post. I am with Diane....I am a Grandma and I just want to squeeze your baby = he is sooooo precious! Too bad that wasn't my bridal shower - I would have totally been happy with that Tater Twister ;)

Brittany conners said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brittany conners said...

I love this idea . I do a similar post on my blog called The Tuesday Takeover . Let me know if you girls would be interested :)