Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Egg Salad BLT

If you are looking for an amazing and QUICK lunch/dinner for this Thanksgiving week (or any week for that matter)... Look no further. Usually I'm not a big egg salad fan but this is amaze-balls (yes I just said balls). I made this for dinner last week and Devin and I both ate it for lunch the next day. It was so stinkin' delicious, it's going to be a regular around The Zufelt household. Be warned, it's messy. But honestly you will not care that you made a mess when this is in your tummy- trust me. Make it. Love it. Tell me how much you love it too.


Egg Salad BLT:

You'll Need:
6 hard boiled eggs
6 slices of bacon (for 2 sandwiches)
2 tbsp mayo 
1 tsp red wine vinegar
2 tsp dijon mustard
Salt and pepper
1 tbsp sour cream
Ranch seasoning
Lettuce
Tomato (I used roma tomatoes) 
Avocado
2 fresh rolls

To make:
Boil your eggs and cook your bacon to your preference. (I usually add my eggs to already boiling water and let them boil for 10 minutes. I also always cook my bacon in the microwave. Less mess and it comes out nice and crispy.) Peel and slice the hard boiled eggs and add them to a medium sized bowl. Add mayo, vinegar, mustard and salt and pepper. Use a potato masher to combine. Slice the fresh rolls and spread sour cream on both sides of the bread. Sprinkle about 1/4-1/4 tsp ranch seasoning on either side. Layer lettuce, tomato, bacon, avocado, and egg salad. ENJOY! 
*This made enough egg for use both to have a sandwich at dinner and one at lunch the next day*

1 comment:

Mama-in-Ausbildung said...

This just looks yummy! I will be sure, to try it :) Greetings from Germany :)