Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Easy Sweet Pork

We tend to eat a lot of Mexican food around here. Not authentic. Just good ol' American Mexican food. Mostly because it's easy but also because I love it. This pork is now my go-to for anything I want to make. Where do I start with this pork? How about it's amazing and delicious and way better the second day. The first time I ever ate at Cafe Rio I was hooked and wanted to make a copy of their sweet pork. I found a recipe that took about a million ingredients and it was just OK. This recipe has 4 ingredients. Just 4. And takes almost zero time or effort to do. And it's amazing. This pork would be good in tacos, burritos, enchiladas, pulled pork sandwiches... it's a pork of all trades I tell you. Our favorite way to eat it though is by making nachos (which we had for Halloween!). Try it. I promise you, you won't be disappointed.



Easy Sweet Pork:

Ingredients:
2-3 lbs boneless pork loin roast or shoulder
1 cup sprite
1 cup salsa
1 cup brown sugar

To Make:
Place pork fat side down in slow cooker, add sprite, salsa and brown sugar. Set on low for 8-10 hours. 

*The last 2 hours I like to shred it and let the meat soak in all that yummy goodness before serving. 

No comments: