Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Red Velvet Cake Truffles

We love all things red velvet over here. When Devin and I were planning our wedding the only thing he really requested was that we have red velvet cup cakes at the reception (which I think we did? I can't remember... hopefully we did). In fact my mom tried out several red velvet recipes for Devin to pick which one he liked. Honestly, none of them were as good as the boxed version they have now (sorry, but it's just true!) I haven't met a red velvet cake I haven't liked EXCEPT the red velvet cheesecake at the cheesecake factory. Don't ask me why... it just doesn't cut it for me. I would rather have a 30th anniversary any day! That or banana cream... mmmmm. But back to red velvet- I have made red velvet dip and red velvet frosting and red velvet cupcakes but these little bites are just too delicious. I made them when I went back home too and my mom is obsessed with them. And they are so easy I'm kind of embarrassed I'm posting a "recipe" but whatever... it's easy so it's easy to remember.


Red Velvet Cake Truffles

You'll need:
One box red velvet cake (oil, eggs... whatever it says you need on the package)
One can cream cheese frosting
One bag white chocolate chips OR white melting candy

To make:
Bake red velvet cake according to package directions. Let cool completely. Use a fork to demolish (haha!) the cake into tiny bits. Add about 1/2- 3/4 of the can of frosting until the cake sticks together but isn't too mushy. You want to be able to form it easily into balls. Form into one in balls and line on a parchment (or wax paper) lined baking sheet. Freeze for one hour. Melting chocolate or candy according to instructions (I usually start out by microwaving for 45 seconds and then stir and go on from there). Dip  the red velvet balls into the candy. Let set and ENJOY!!!! 

No comments: