Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Snickers Cheesecake Bars

 First off... I am obsessed with cheesecake. It's true. Absolute obsession. Birthday, anniversary, Disney trips... I just want to eat a Cheesecake factory. And Devin and I usually split something so we have room for dessert. I have been wanting to make these snickers cheesecake bars for quite some time. I can't even tell you how long they have been on my pinterest board. In fact I have them pinned multiple times because I forgot that I had pinned them. So this last week when Devin and I decided to throw a dessert party for some of our friends I knew that I had to make these! Because who can pass up snickers AND cheesecake? I didn't even get to eat one these were such a big hit. I will definitely be making these again and again and again... just so I can finally try one ;-) 

Snickers cheesecake bars:
You’ll Need
         Crust
         20 Oreos (I used double stuffed)
         5 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
         Filling
         16 ounces cream cheese softened
         1 egg
         1/4 cup sugar
         2 teaspoons vanilla
         16 fun size snickers, chopped
         1/3 cup milk chocolate chips, optional

To Make:
             Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line a 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper with enough hanging over the sides. In a food processor pulse the Oreos until fine. Stir the cookie crumbs and melted butter together in a bowl. Press into the lined pan. Bake for 9-10 minutes. Allow the crust to cool as you prepare the filling. Beat cream cheese, egg, sugar, and vanilla together until smooth. Stir in the Snickers and spread the mixture over your cooled crust. Top with chocolate chips. Bake for ***30-35 minutes, or until the cheesecake has set up and the edges are lightly browned. Allow to cool completely in the refrigerator before cutting and serving.

***Note: I ended up having to bake my cheesecake for almost an hour. I don’t know if it has to do with my oven or not. Just keep checking on it until you think it’s done. You’ll know once the edges are brown and the cheesecake doesn’t giggle when you move the pan.


No comments: