Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Pancakes

Devin and I have a special place in our hearts for pancakes. You probably already know that our first date was planned after a big plate of pancakes on The 4th of July 5 years ago. Last year we were quite sad when our new ward didn't have an annual pancake breakfast (the one we are in now does!!!) so I set out to make some for us to continue the tradition. I found these VEGAN OATMEAL PANCAKES on pinterest and they looked delightful. I modified them to my own liking because... I'm not Vegan (or I wasn't by choice... I was during my diet for C's tummy which seems to have healed!). These are our absolute favorite pancakes. They are delicious and filling and I haven't made any other kind in over a year. That's saying something. Although I have to admit- I really want to play with this recipe and make a pumpkin version... stay tuned for all things pumpkin come October. I'm already planning for Halloween. 


Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Pancakes


You’ll need:
1 very ripe medium banana
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 egg
pinch salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 Tablespoon peanut butter
1 Tablespoon olive oil
3 Tablespoons milk (we use almond and its awesome)
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup flour
 Chocolate chips

To make:
Mash your very ripe banana with baking powder.
Add egg, oil, salt, vanilla, peanut butter, almond milk and stir.
Stir in oats and flour until combined.
Sprinkle in chocolate chips and mix.
Scoop 1/4 cup measurements onto lightly greased pan (heated on medium heat!) Cook for 2-4 minutes on each side –you’ll know when to flip them when you see bubbles in the center! Serve with your favorite toppings! 

We like to add strawberries if we have them on hand…. Mostly just plain ol’ syrup is delightful. 

1 comment:

diary of this girl - megan said...

i think i know what i will be making for breakfast this weekend! these look DELICIOUS! happy almost friday!