Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Chocolate peanut butter "Crack Cookiese


Okay, so I know I have posted this recipe before... but it needs reposting. Mostly because I am on a "special diet" for Charlotte's belly needs and I can't eat anything fun. My mom would call it the "if it tastes good spit it out" diet. I made these for a BBQ last week and they looked just as good as I remembered them being. I had to keep reminding myself NOT to eat any of them...All I wanted was 2 cookies and some vanilla ice cream! Sigh. Alas, I do have to say that leaving the butter and eggs out for 2 hours really makes a difference. As does refrigerating the dough which I would never have done except when I made the "best cookies ever" (which sucked by the way in my opinion) you had to refrigerate the dough for a while... I only did mine long enough to nurse Charlotte and hand her over to daddy but the cookies came out in a nicer shape and fluffier. If shape and fluffiness matters to you then go ahead and pop these bad boys in your fridge for a bit... But if you're craving the most delicious cookie then skip it and go right to the oven. No big deal. And have some milk on hand. We made that mistake. Trust me you will thank me later. 

You'll need:
1 cup creamy peanut butter (I used skippy natural)
1 cup butter (room temp. 2 hours MAX out of the fridge)
1 cup sugar
1 cup "overflowing" brown sugar packed
2 eggs (room temp.)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla (pure!)
2 cups flour
2 hand fulls oatmeal (BIG hand fulls)
1 bag Reese's pb chips
1 bag milk chocolate chips (I use ghirardeli)

To make!
Cream together the peanut butter and butter until "fluffy". Add sugars, soda, salt, vanilla and mix. Add in the eggs one at a time. Gradually add the flour. Mix the oatmeal in first and then add the pb chips and chocolate chips. This recipe makes a lot of cookies so I like to made them big! Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes. Be sure to leave them on the pan for about 5 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack. Enjoy!