Friday, August 30, 2013

To New Moms, From a New Mom

(How I looked most days of the week in the beginning. Yoga pants... no make up... wet hair... you know...)

Being a mom is HARD
Anyone who tells you it's easy either has a nanny or is delusional
Don't get me wrong, there are easy days... but there are also hard days
There really isn't anything that can prepare you for being thrown into parenthood
Trust me my friend, I know... 
I know you cry
I know because I still cry some days
I know that sometimes it's a miracle that you make it through the day
I know because I have days like that too
I know you are wondering if you will ever look the same again
I know because I wonder that myself
I know you are overwhelmed at the responsibility that was heaped on you all at once
And that if you are breastfeeding you feel like THAT'S ALL YOU DO
I also know that when people tell you "it gets better!" that it doesn't help
OR make you feel any better...
And that sometimes you just want your mom
I know that sometimes you don't know HOW you are going to survive motherhood
But please just remember (and I consistently remind myself of this)...
When you think you can't do this... Remind yourself that YOU ALREADY ARE!
You are doing it! You are a mommy! And you have survived this long. 
Keep going.
You can do it.
I can do it. 
Hang in there and just KEEP BEING!
And I promise... it DOES get better
Not exactly easier... but better
Even though me saying that doesn't help.
But trust me on this one... You can do it- I know it! 

1 comment:

Afton Brinkerhoff said...

I still cry some days and it's almost been a year. Those early mornings are rough.