Friday, August 2, 2013

Our first date... Kind of


^^^family photo before the big date!

We went on our very first post baby date this week
And it was amazing
We had been planning on going to see this Cirque du Soleil performance before Charlotte was born
This date was much anticipated to say the least.

^^^Playing around before the big show

We asked a friend from church to watch baby
Her, her daughter, AND her niece ended up watching Charlotte
I was extremely nervous about leaving her
I wrote down every phone number they would need
And probably went over every little insignificant detail they would need to know about her.
Needless to say... Charlotte was fine and was sound asleep when we got home
I wondered if she even knew we were gone but her big smile when she saw me in the morning made me feel better.
^^^not going to lie it was super fun seeing it in a tent!


Devin and I had a blast!
Despite having to eat at the venue- hot dogs, popcorn, nachos.... are we at a baseball game?
(In our defense the last Cirque performance we went to had really awesome food) 
And having to venture around downtown looking for an ATM for parking
We really enjoyed our night out just the two of us.
^^^I checked my phone at least 4 times before the show started... just in case

There were some pretty amazing acts
Teeter board! It's like a teeter totter which they launch people off of
And this chick did this crazy balancing thing with a bunch of wood pieces
We held our breath the entire time during that one... 
We oooo'd and ahhhh'd and held hands and were all kinds of lovey dovey

I sure do love this man of mine
He is so good to me and to Charlotte
And I am thankful for parenting breaks
And dates with my cutest man

2 comments:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

It sounds like it was a ton of fun!

Diane's Photography said...

it is fun being alone and date nights are the best~