Monday, August 26, 2013

Dear Charlotte


Oh my sweet baby girl. Right now you are napping and it's taking all that I have not to go and kiss your sweet chipmunk cheeks. You have THE BEST cheeks. And the sweetest smile. Daddy and I just melt when we see that smirk and hear you giggle. There are just a few things I was thinking about and that I wanted you to know...
I want you to know my little love, that I ALWAYS wanted a daughter. Always. I remember naming my future children in middle school (thank heavens my taste has changed) and hoping that I would be blessed with a little girl. Grandma would tell me, "You're such a girly girl you just watch, you will have all boys!" The day we had our appointment to find out if you were a boy or a girl I was so excited and nervous! Daddy got off of work especially. I remember the ultrasound tech asking us if we wanted to find out and we both said "YES!" I was so worried you weren't going to cooperate but you did. I remember the tech saying, "I think we're looking at a little girl here." Daddy and I looked at each other and smiled. "Yeah we've got a little girl here." So I asked, "How SURE are you?" 99%. Even though that is a great percentage I check another 3 times just to be absolutely sure. (Grandma was at the mall with boy clothes picked out and girl clothes picked out when I called her to tell her). As soon as you were born I checked to REALLY make sure (haha!) because how could I be so lucky to be blessed with a baby girl? Just like I always dreamed of having. But here you are. And you are so beautiful and sweet I just can't believe that I made you and that you are entrusted to me. Another thing I want you to know is that although daddy and I weren't planning on getting pregnant when we did, you were ALWAYS in our plans. And we are both so so so happy that you are here NOW and that you didn't wait any longer to come to us. You have blessed our lives so much and brought so much love into our home. You are truly our little blessing and we can't imagine our lives without you. You are so loved my Charlotte. I hope you always know that. And I hope you love Disneyland as much as I do.
Love,
Mommy

No comments: