Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Circus Animal Cookie Truffles

If you know me, then you know I love any excuse to bake and make treats. Anytime there is a church function or ANYTHING I sign up to bring dessert. Ask any of my "old" Sunday school kids... treats every week! And sometimes even treat parties... because I'm obsessed apparently with making treats.
So when our church Relief Society was having an activity with "dessert only" potluck... I knew we were in the right place. My kind of people ya know? I bought stuff to make my CRACK COOKIES (because it's pretty much my signature-go-to-dessert) But there was no way I was turning on my oven!
So what's easy (that I can whip up during nap time), requires no oven, and is delicious? Truffles. I was going to just do the same ol' oreo ones but then I remembered seeing cirucus animal cookie ones on pinterest... bingo. Besides I couldn't pass up the chance to use pink food coloring.


Circus Animal Cookie Truffles

-1 bag Circus Animal Cookies
-1 can cream cheese frosting
-1 package almond bark
-pink food coloring
-rainbow sprinkles 

Use food processor to chop the cookies really fine. Add can of cream cheese frosting and pulse until mixture is smooth (original recipe called for only 1/2 can of frosting but my mixture was too dry). Form into balls and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Freeze for an hour+. Melt almond bark according to package directions. Dip half of the truffles into the white bark, then mix in the pink food coloring to finish the remaining truffles. Finish with sprinkles (try to do this before they dry! I would dip 4 truffles and then add the sprinkles). I threw mine into the fridge to help them set faster. Voila! In hindsight... If I make these again I will probably just use normal cream cheese and not frosting... I think it made these too sweet (YES there is such a thing!). But try them- you'll love them I promise! 



1 comment:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I totally just copied this! I'm going to have to make them!