Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Products I can't live without right now

I made it! Half way there! And I got a little surprise that said, "welcome to the other side mommy." And that little surprise was a 2 day migraine, nausea, and a bit of high blood pressure. I blame it on the crazy patients this last week. Rest, and 2 jamba juices later I am feeling tons better. Pause for a moment: I really could have a jamba juice every.single.day. I'm obsessed. AND we found one closer to our house that isn't 20 minutes away (Hallelujah). ANYWAY There are a few things that are helping me get through all the body issues (yes I realize that I NEED to gain weight- but it's still hard for me), the itchy skin, and all the other joys that come with custom making a human being.
 
#1. Mother's Friend
My mom sent me a jar of this stuff the minute she found out a I was pregnant (after I had already gone to the store a stocked up on cocoa butter- which by the way is greasy and I hate it). My mom used this little baby all through her 4 pregnancies and never got one stretch mark! Let's hope I got that good gene. But seriously, I never go a day without this! It isn't greasy, it's smell is very mild and its really moisturizing for this dry pregnancy skin I am in. I ran out about a month ago and freaked out when morning when I woke up and saw an angry red line on my belly. Thankfully it was just a sleep mark, and I am plenty stocked up on this now! (P.S. The only place I can find it is on amazon)
 
#2. Kiehl's whipped body butter
 
If you haven't ever tried Kiehl's I strongly recommend that you do. Their products are amazing. And while some of them (ahem, this one in particular) is more expensive than your average lotion- it's totally worth it. It keeps my skin hydrated all day long and doesn't leave any greasy after effects and it smells divine! This+mother's friend has been keeping my skin very very happy!
 
#3. Korres advanced brightening sleeping facial
This is a genuine beauty secret. I can definitely tell on the nights where I am lazy and don't put this on (hint: I try not to be too lazy these days). It gives your skins this nice glow (which is super important for pregnant ladies!) and it moisturizes without clogging your pores. It evens my skin tone and helps to lighten spots. I used this even when I wasn't pregnant and I was a huge fan. This will always be in my beauty bag.
 
#4. Josie Maran Argan Illuminizer
 
Yes, I know I have mention this product a time or two (or three, or four). But I am seriously obsessed. best highlight/illuminizer I have found (for pregnant skin or otherwise). You know when you're pregnant people tell you that you are "glowing? Well there are day's when I personally am definitely NOT glowing- this helps me fake it til I make it.
 
#5 Benefit They're Real! Mascara
 
Last week, I went to Sephora a bought a new (different) mascasra (Sephora brand: voluminizing or something like that) because the sale's girl totally talked me into it even though I went in there for this one and it was the worst mascara I have ever used! Apparently now that I'm pregnant my eyes water a lot? That mascara got everywhere! And the other morning (5 minutes after applying said horrible mascara) I sneezed, and I ended up having to redo the right side of my face. So, I am stickin' with this little beauty because if there is one thing I know now, don't mess with my mascara. Especially now that I am hormonal.
 
#6. (and #7) Bumble and Bumble- Gentle Shampoo and Super Rich Conditioner
 
Maybe my hair actually IS getting thicker- but the only thing I have noticed is that it is longer and it gets tangled more easily. I am super weird about having people I don't know cut my hair. Hence why the last time it was cut was back in July (don't worry I am waiting until I can go home to get it cut by someone I know haha). BUT these are my secret weapons. And I know husband is just waiting to get his hands on them.
 
What about you guys? Any products you care to share that you can't live without? I am a product junkie and I am always up for trying something new... except I get really mad when it sucks (like the Sephora mascara... see I can't get over it!) 

1 comment:

Diane's Photography said...

I love reading your posts on products! I learn new things ~ I'm going to try these few