Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Maternity Style

As of Christmas Eve I was officially 15 weeks pregnant... and I wore my maternity jeans for the first time. Judge me if you must- I did plenty of judging myself prior to becoming pregnant. I always thought that I would be the pregnant lady who was at the gym everyday and running and had tons of energy and kept her appetite in check and that all the weight I gained wouldn't be due to ice cream... Haha the joke was seriously on me. I didn't realized how EXHAUSTED I would feel all the stinkin' time. That when I got home from work all I wanted to do was take a nap. And that running would make my (sorry TMI) ever increasing breasts hurt and that all I really want to eat is toast with peanut butter and bananas and occasionally a milk shake and that SPINACH and BROCCOLI are so incredibly disgusting I gag just thinking about them.... But I digress. I am healthy and finally getting my energy back (thank goodness) and yes I do find time to workout even when I am tired... although I don't beat myself up if it isn't everyday of the week like I used to do. But let's talk about maternity style. Since we found out I was pregnant husband and I have been going into the local Pea in the Pod and Motherhood Maternity... and I can't say I was all that impressed (or even a little impressed). Despite my every growing body and my desire to always wear sweat pants I vowed that I WOULD NOT be that mom. So I went back to those stores and tried a few things on and everything looked ridiculous. I called my mom and broke down about having to do the "hair tie trick" to button up my jeans and how I hated everything that was maternity in the stores because they didn't fit right but I didn't feel right wearing my old stuff because it was depressing when something didn't fit and what the heck was I supposed to wear!? Mom got to work. And jumped on to 2 of my new favorite sites for maternity clothing.
 
My mom is a lifesaver. Within the next few days a few of these beauties were on my doorstep.
 
Image 1 of ASOS Maternity Supersoft Ultra Skinny Jean #11
(I now have this whole outfit. But the skinny jeans are my favorite. Find them here) 
 
Image 1 of ASOS Maternity Spot Skater Dress With Belt
(This is Devin's favorite. It's going to look fabulous with a pair of boots! Find it here )
 
 Image 1 of ASOS Maternity Exclusive Stretch Top In Wide Stripe
(I love a preggo lady in stripes! Find it here )
 
Maternity Stripe Tunic
(Yes more stripes! Beware if you order from Topshop in the US it takes about 3 weeks to get your order so be prepared... this little baby hasn't arrived yet but I am so excited! Find it here )
 
 I have a feeling I am going to love all things "legging-ish"... and more power to the ladies who wear their old wardrobe their entire pregnancy.
 

1 comment:

Meg @ BigRedClifford said...

I don't know if you have one around, but H&M has maternity now and some super cute stuff! You look great and I am loving reading your posts about your pregnant discoveries. It's quite a trip! ;)