Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Lucy's first snow


Our dog is a California dog... in the same sense that I am a California girl
She was born and raised with sunshine and occasional rain
But never anything as cold as what happened Thursday morning.
I went to sleep with everything brown and dead looking
And woke up to a winter fall wonderland
Devin was working mids so he came home right when I woke up
we grabbed the camera and took our little Lu outside for her very first snow.
 
You could see it in her face, "What the heck is this cold white stuff!?"
She didn't even want to step in it until Devin did.
And then... she was in love.
Frolicking away and being crazy
Although I will say that she doesn't like it when snow gets on her ball
Snow on the ball is off limits.
I just wanted to stay and play with her all day
I am also happy to report that I survived 2 days of driving to work in the snow
Sadly the snow is going away and revealing all the dead, brown stuff again
But I know it will be back... and I will probably get sick of it really quickly.
 


3 comments:

Tarabelle said...

How cute! I just love taking my dog to play in the snow! She is always so unsure of it.

Tara

Kayla Bainbridge said...

Cute! I can't wait to have a dog!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

We are opposite! I'm use to the snow and now living in CA, I'm not going to see it again anytime soon!