Tuesday, October 23, 2012

It's the truth Tuesday

The Truth about me and J Crew
By, Whitney Zufelt
(My very first week of college in the dorms. Note: The Abercombie shirt. January 2007)
 
I am an obsessed woman. O.B.S.E.S.S.E.D. with J Crew. I honestly can't help myself. Back when I was in High School I used to dream of owning something from J Crew. My closet was mostly American Eagle... and a few choice pieces from Abercrombie and Fitch (Hollister didn't come around until I was in college). Want to know where I used to mostly shop? Pac Sun. I worked there for a year during High School and why not? I got a discount! Oh, and I also wore colorful Dickies and Hurley pants (anyone else remember those?) And those mary jane doc martins-those were super cool. Needless to say my wardrobe was teeny-bopper to the fullest. And then it was time for me to go to college and my mom decided I needed a more sophisticated look. Did we go to J Crew? No. There was not a J Crew for miles and miles. So mom took me to Express. For 3 years she took me there buying me wardrobe "staples" but I always went back to my Pac Sun/Abercrombie staples. I wanted to be stylish! I really tried to look cute on Sundays... but those were the only days I felt like getting out of my old tshirt and jeans uniform. Then I met Devin. And he created a monster. He took me to my very first J Crew right after we were married. I remember walking in and hitting that warm store and my eyes lit up like a kid in a candy store. Oh the cardigans! The pencil skirts! Oh the color and the beauty! And I was a goner. Ever since that December day almost 4 years ago J Crew has been my go to store. Most of my closet now is in fact J Crew. Husband says I need a new store because I have most everything that they sell there. I disagree. Why mess with what works? I will always love J Crew for it's preppy goodness.
So thank you J Crew. For making cute stuff so I can fill my closet.
And that's the truth about me and J Crew
 
(One of my very first J Crew purchases was this jacket. February 2009)

3 comments:

Diane's Photography said...

I remember one evening of YW activite night you were showing us you catalogs with your favorite clothing! we were looking at the clothes you loved and hoped for, you were so cute! We all ewwwed and awwed over the cutness and I'm thinking "wow this girl has good taste in fashion" we discussed how the shopping here sucked haahaa so you were reverting to catalogs. You are darling Whitney! I'm so lucky to know you...just look at you now~

sarah@jolleydays said...

Just stumbled on to your blog today...love it! you and I are girls cut from the same cloth....J. Crew is my fav. And I can't paint my nails without getting polish EVERYWHERE!

Kayla Bainbridge said...

That dorm room picture brings back a lot of memories!!