Monday, September 17, 2012

Seeing Red

As much as I love pink, I have come to realize that I have this obsession with RED
Maybe it's the fact that it is super close to pink...
Or maybe it's just one of those classic colors that can act as a neutral
And with fall coming I just know it's going to be my go-to color!
Check out a few of my favorite ways to wear RED
 
#1. RED jeans! Seriously these are probably one of my favorite items in my closet. At first I was a little timid to wear them... I mean hello they are bright! But after the first time I was hooked! If you are afraid of wearing crazy colored pants pair it with simple neutrals like black and white.

 
#2. RED shoes! You guys know I adore these wellies. I wear them every chance I get. And I always get compliments on them. It makes me want a pair in every color! But I started with Red (its building from there).
 
#3. RED lipstick. Again, I was afraid to commit to a red lip... It's just so BOLD. Just try it. I promise you will love it. It just gives your look a little pizazz.
 
 #4. Treat RED as a neutral and add a pattern. I love this outfit so much I just might go put it on today. I like that the red looks a bit more subtle here because the eye is drawn to the pattern on top.

#5. The RED cardigan. I searched and searched and searched for a red cardigan (the perfect one at least) and my mom finally found it at Express (who knew!?) Pair it with jeans, trousers, or my favorite... a girly skirt! 
 
#6. The RED combo. Red lipstick, red cardigan, red shoes. Need I say more?
(As you can tell I am slightly addicted to my MAC Red lipstick seeing as how I am wearing it in almost every photo!)
What's your favorite color to wear?
Happy Monday!



3 comments:

Tarabelle said...

I share your red love; especially the lipstick. It literally changes your entire face. People stop me everywhere i go asking about it.

Also I am DYING over that girly skirt. I AM IN LOVE.

Tara

http://tarabelle-adropofink.blogspot.com/

Tarabelle said...

I share your red love; especially the lipstick. It literally changes your entire face. People stop me everywhere i go asking about it.

Also I am DYING over that girly skirt. I AM IN LOVE.

Tara

http://tarabelle-adropofink.blogspot.com/

Diane's Photography said...

I love RED too, it's my favorite color! When I was a young teenager in the psychedelic days of color, bright red came back. The old ladies were shocked that Mothers would let their daughters wear bright red colors (and my Mom was leary even)...in their day that's what the ladies of the night wore! I'm glad times have changed!!!! Remember the scene in "Gone With the Wind" when Rhet made Scarlet wear her red dress to go see her dying Ashley and she was mortified? Glad times have changed :D
miss you Whitney