Friday, August 10, 2012

What's in my makeup bag

I am a self proclaimed product junkie
I honestly can't help it... I think it's in my blood or something
This past weekend we went to Sephora (aka the danger zone)
Don't worry- I only bought ONE (yes only one) thing
But when the girl asked me if I wanted samples
I wanted to say, "Um... have you met me?" But obviously she hadn't
So instead I said, "Yes please! I love samples! I adore products!"
To which husband grumbled, "Yep. You should see our bathroom"
Har-di-har-har
But it's true
I love finding the new greatest thing
With all of my trial and errors with products here are some ones that win out every time
No joke... these are the products I use on a daily basis
#1 / #2 / #3 / #4 / #5 / #6 / #7 / #8 / #9 / #10 / #11 / #12

#1. I love bareminerals. I have been using them for almost 6 years now and I love it just as much now as I did when I first started. Great coverage, good for my skin... can't go wrong.

#2. This is my newest find. Amazing cosmetics amazing concealor. I'm here to tell you it IS truly amazing. I have horrible cronic dark circles and this is the best prodcut I have ever used to hide them.

#3. MAC eyeshadow in shroom. Nice neutral color that goes with everything. If I'm in a hurry... shroom is all I put on. My makeup bag is NEVER without shroom.

#4. Urban Decay primer potion. I use this and MAC's paint pots and I love them both equally. While MAC's paint pots make the color more matte this lets the shimmer shine.

#5. Bobbi Brown shimmer brick in Rose. I am still looking for the perfect cream blush (that I have yet to find) but this is my go to for that nice pinky glow.

#6. Benefit eye bright. I have also been using this prodcut since I was about 16 (I think). My sister introduced me to it and it is truly fabulous. I mostly use it as a brow highlighter. If I'm feeling more adventurous I go for my Josie Maran argan illuminizer (but that's only if I have the time).

#7. Makeup professionals HD powder. While I love my mineral veil, there is just something about this little jar that makes my makeup STAY! Light and translucent... it's a keeper.

#8. MAC studio fix fluid. This is usually my weekend foundation. When I want to look a bit more "dewey" (does that make sense?) and let's face it... sometimes I get tired of getting the minerals everywhere (just being honest).

#9. Dior addict lip glow. I am obsessed with this. I use it everyday without fail. Even if I wear lipstick I still pop this baby on over it. It's to die for.

#10. MAC eyeliner in Teddy. It's my favorite. I have been using it for over 3 years and it's a constant in my makeup bag. Yes, it's that good.

#11. Benefit They're Real mascara. When bareminerals discontinued my favorite mascara I was so afraid to try something new. I hate for my eyelashes to feel clumpy and sticky and stick (after they dry). This is my new favorite. Seriously I don't think my lashes have ever looked better.

#12. Makeup Forever HD microprofecting primer. I honestly have found one that works better (and I have tried my fair few). I like that you can choose from different colored primers.

Happy Firday lovelies!



1 comment:

Marsa said...

just happened to stumble upon your blog. cute style!
i've thought about posting pictures of my own outfits but feel way too self conscious about it.
way to go girl :)