Thursday, August 16, 2012

Pajama Jeans

In lieu of Awkward and Awesome's today I would like to discuss something near and dear to my heart... (because my whole week has been one huge awkward unlucky mess- don't worry I will spare you all the details- just know that 2/3 cars are now in the shop among other things... le sigh)
Let's talk about WHY people feel pajama jeans are socially acceptable
Hint: They aren't
I will be the first to admit that I adore the jokes we make about putting on our PJ's to go to Walmart
(because let's face it... if your tops and bottoms matched you would probably still be the best dressed person there)
But really people- PJ's should only be seen by those nearest and dearest to you
Not the entire free world
Unless it's an absolute emergency
Maybe it was the way my mother raised me but my mom NEVER leaves the house without makeup
OR a nice outfit on... EVEN if she just has to run to the store quickly...

And REALLY? Someone had to go and think up the concept of pajama jeans
AND someone bought into that idea
BECAUSE there is a market for it
And they aren't cheap! $40 for pajama jeans!? You have GOT to be kidding me
Just go out and buy yourself some REAL jeans
And throw those suckers on before leaving the house.
I think we are all becoming desensitized by all the pajamaness we see
Stop the madness!
I am hereby starting a rebellion against pajama jeans and the like
You may call me the Katniss Everdeen of appropriate outing wear
... Maybe my hatred just boils from the center of my being that is angry that I didn't think up this idea first...  I could be a millionaire by now.
(Ok I don't drink but this cracked me up!)

P.S. I can still tell they are pajamas....


4 comments:

Lauren Talon said...

Oh but you've forgotten the free grey crew neck tee they sent you with said pajama jeans. That is one stylin' look right there. ;)

Whitney & Devin said...

Hahahah! Oh dear I didn't even know about the shirt!

Megan said...

Haha...I've never heard of these. Thanks for the laugh!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Haha! These crack me up!!! kathy Griffin talks about these all the time in her comedy routine.