Thursday, August 2, 2012

Awkward and Awesome!

{Sandals: Salt Water. Jeans: Express. Top: J Crew. Lipstick: MAC Red.}

Awkward:
-While at my very first time at Sonic (shocking I know) I dropped something and exclaimed, "Crapezoid!" To which husband replied, "What the heck is crapezoid? Why do you make up words!?" Um because it's like Trapezoid only... not.
-Going to church and realizing you hadn't taken off your horribly chipped nail polish that clashed with your outfit
-Starting a new job where everyone has known everyone for forever and then walking into a full break room and the whole place goes silent... Being the new girl never gets old.
-The people who wear flipflops hiking... Those are the types of people they put warning labels on things for.
-That my mom called me the other day and told me that people kept asking her if I was pregnant because they say a comment from one of my cute readers and thought it was me. No mom I am not 37 weeks pregnant... I would have told you before.
-When you ask at work if anyone has watched the Olympics... and you hear crickets.
-That Snooki is having a baby... I still can't get over it.


Awesome:
-I got a job! Whoop!
-Rain!
-Fresh chocolatechip cookies (the good kind)
-The craft I am almost finished with
-THE OLYMPICS!!! Gymnastics and diving have been my favorites so far
-When your mom calls and says that she needs a little bit of chevron
-Blue Diamond habanero bbq almonds!
-The sock bun. Why has it taken me so long to do this!?
-When husband offers to make dinner. Love that man
-TOMORROW IS FRIDAY!!!


P.S. Today is our first Awkward and Awesome link up!
The original idea for the posts came from HERE
If you feel so inclined to participate please grab a button and link up!
I can't wait to see what was awkward and awesome about your weeks!




3 comments:

Michelle said...

Congrats on getting a job!

Megan said...

Haha...people keep asking your mom if you're pregnant...I had one of my students last year telling other kids I was pregnant and one of those kids went home and told their parents and that mom congratulated me....that was a little awkward, but made for a funny story later...

Sapir said...

WHAT?! No one at your work has been watching the olympics? Wow. And, yes! I love the rain and no one ever gets why lol
I'm thrilled to be your newest follower and would love it if you could return the follow if you get the chance and wish to :)
Best,
Sapir @ smellthewildflowers.blogspot.com