Monday, August 6, 2012

Accident

Hey guys, I'm sorry for my absence today (and most likely tomorrow, and maybe Wednesday). Devin and I were in a car accident tonight - We both are OK, my knee is just a little sore from hitting the door on impact (but we'll see if we're more sore tomorrow). A girl who was on her cell phone tried to cut across 2-3 lanes and apparently didn't see our giant black truck in her way. Devin slammed on the breaks and swerved, but she still hit my passanger side. We were very lucky it wasn't more serious. Our brand new truck was not so lucky. She even said when we got out to ask if she was ok, "Oh... sorry guys... I had to take a call and get to the bank." Sigh. Husband fed me Mexican food and ice cream for dinner (I figured we deserved it). I am going to take the next few days off and I hope to be back for Awkward and Awesome Thursday! Thanks for understanding!
XO
Whitney

3 comments:

Megan said...

I'm glad you guys are ok! So sorry to hear this....

Ashley said...

Car accidents are terrible but like you said luckily nothing worse happened. Glad you guys are ok!

Sapir said...

Wow, I'm sorry about your truck but glad that you guys are ok!
I wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Versatile blogger award! You can read more about it here: http://smellthewildflowers.blogspot.com/2012/08/the-versatile-blogger-award.html
Please check it out. Hope to see you back on Awesome and Awkward Thursday :)
Best,
Sapir
smellthewildflowers.blogspot.com