Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The history of our pancakes


On Tuesday before the big 4th of July I asked husband if he would rather me make something other than pancakes this year... Waffles perhaps? Or maybe a nice egg scramble?
He looked offended that I had even suggested it! His response?
"We ALWAYS have pancakes on the 4th of July"
And he is right... we always do.

The tradition all started July 4th, 2008
Devin and I had first met each other 4 days prior and our church was having their anual pancake breakfast
And I just knew he was going to be there (not because I asked of course... I just had a feeling)
So I got all dolled up and dragged my mom out of bed to go with me
And there he was... that cute cute boy whom I had facebook stalked before we even met (yes I am a creeper apparently)
We started talking and he told me about flight training and all the cool planes he flew
The entire time I kept thinking "this guy is way too cool and awesome for me!"
But then he said, "What are you doing after this?"
Ugh... I was working that day... so I couldn't go to Santa Barbara with everyone else

However I was off at 5....
Well do you want to get together after that? Um... YES!
He almost forgot to get my phone number... but we remembered
FYI I texted him first... and he texted back with a "HEY!!!"
{Yes... with 3 exclaimation points... I will always remember that}
We ended up going to the beach to see some fireworks and then to the drive in
But we didn't watch the movie at all
NOT LIKE THAT... we just talked the entire time
Again I never thought I would hear from him after that... but he texted me that night and asked what I was doing the next day.

And that is the story of why we always have pancakes on 4th of July.

P.S. These pancakes were banana, peanutbutter, oatmeal, chocolate chip pancakes.

1 comment:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Aw, I love this! You should definitely keep the tradition alive.