Friday, July 27, 2012

Fears

Anyone who tells you they aren't scared of anything
Are telling you flat out lies
OR they just don't have a soul... one or the other
Yes I admit it-I have fears
Just to name a few...
#1. Spiders
Okay really? With their creepy crawly legs and the way the scamper across everything... It gives me the heebie geebies. I always make Devin (or the nearest person) kill them/make them go away... because I just can't do it.
Pinned Image
#2. Giving birth
Yes I admit it. Giving birth scares the living daylights out of me. I don't really have a high tolerance for pain (first of all) and I have heard way too many horror stories... GIANT diaper like pads!? POOPing!? Um... no thanks.

#3. Putting on a ring and not being able to get it off my finger
I have this terrible horrible no good very bad fear of putting a ring on that is too small and then having to have it cut off.

#4. Not getting in to grad school
Okay this might sound petty but its so real to me! I cried about it at least once a month. I have spent so much time prepping and waiting and going to school for this... Sigh... Please oh please let me in!

#5. That a chocolate chip cookie will turn out to be an oatmeal raisin cookie
This probably seems petty too but its true. Its the number one reason why I don't like to eat desserts at church functions... I have been tricked way too many times and it just isn't worth it to really really want a chocolate chip cookie and then have all your hopes and dreams squashed by a lumpy raisin.

#6. That my teeth will fall out
I have this nightmare a lot... And I wake up freaking out that all of my teeth are gone! Usually someone hits me in the face or I have some type of accident that makes all my teeth come out... PLEASE never let me have dentures.

#7. Having to have surgery
I cried like a baby before I went in for my one and only surgery (getting my wisdom teeth out). They had to give me laughing gas because I was such a spaz... and then I was the most hilarious person in the entire world and had the entire room cracking up. I told my doctor, "I never take drugs!" And he said, "You don't need to!" I'm glad he was on his game... but there is something to terrifying about putting your well being in the hands of a perfect stranger.

What are some of your fears?
Happy Friday my friends!
Have a fantastic weekend! Can't wait to hear what all you did! 

12 comments:

Grace said...

I'd love to tell you that the fear of giving birth goes away...I'm 35 1/2 weeks along and I am still quite terrified. My Dr said that she was scared for her first one and she had delivered over 1000 babies before having her own. I don't think you'll get over the fear until it happens. In the meantime, you just accept that it's inevitable. :)

But I TOTALLY understand. It's scary. :)

Heathernjones said...

Giving birth is the hardest workout you will ever do and yet the most rewarding! You gain a baby and Loose at least 10 lbs!

Diane's Photography said...

I have a fear of my teeth falling out too with the nightmere and everything! what's with that?! haha and I have a fear of lighting matches. I won't light a match unless i have to.

Bryce Pogue said...

Hahaha!! I love this, especially the lumpy raisin oatmeal cookie. Giving birth was the scariest thing for me as well, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, thank you modern medicine! As for the giants pads-it is true! I also fear spiders and not getting into grad school as well :/

Bryce Pogue said...

This is actually Tamsyn, in case you were wondering who this freaky guy is talking about giving birth on your blog! I thought I was logged in under my own account!

jaromanderica said...

Oh whitney! Don't be scared about having a baby, I did it totally natural and I survived. Seriously its a natural function of a womans body, you will do great! Besides once you see that precious little one starring up at you.. you'll forget it all.

Also.. spider are my #1 also.

Erica

Lynx said...

One word for you Whitney!!! Epidural. I don't think I could have handled it with out my wife having one.

Kayla Bainbridge said...

What about getting a baby! I think I will be okay during labor but I'm scared about that little baby coming out and I'm somehow accidently going to kill him. Also, I have this really weird fear that if I pick up a gun something will poses me and I will commit suicide, weird.

Miss Amy said...

oooh the picture of the spider makes me cringe!! I'm afraid of sharks - like...I won't swim in the ocean if I can't see underneath me!

Megan said...

#2-I'm glad I'm not the only one. I want children, but the idea of giving birth scares me. I keep trying to tell myself-people do it all the time.

A silly fear I have is cows. They're so creepy because they just stare at you. I grew up with cows in my backyard.

Nessa @{Casa Braaflat} said...

haha. the teeth one is hilarious.

for some reason i'm afraid of animal. doesn't matter if its a dog or a bunny for some reason i see them all as lions!

Brandi said...

I laughed out loud at your list. The comments about losing teeth and laughing gas took me over the edge. HAHA!!! Thanks again for stopping by my blog!