Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Tree House

Have I told you about that time I slept in a tree house?
Not like a my-dad-threw-some-wood-together-in-our-backyard-tree kind of tree house
This was a legit tree house... in a jungle
I was a junior in high school and my parents took me to Maui to visit my sister who was living there
All I was really looking forward to was improving my tan for winter formal
Let's just say I hadn't exactly grown in to my adventurous side quite yet (I get that from my mom)
So when my sister told me that she booked a "tree house" for me, my mom, and her to stay in
I wasn't all that excited... Besides... we had to drive on the HANA HIGHWAY to get there
(Anyone who has been to Maui knows how crazy and loopy that thing is)
Despite my mother's idea of "camping" being in a hotel room with only one bathroom she was excited
So I went along and requested more "banana apples"
Let me tell you this was probably the most fun I have ever had with my mom and my sister
My mother made a campfire... I didn't even know she could do that!
We played endless games of uno and laughed a ton
My sister made us a delicious dinner and we had the most incredible pineapple ever
(I obviously was a huge help with everything)
I will say that we didn't get much sleep... I mean... it is a real jungle afterall with weird noises
But the ocean views! Those gorgeous waterfalls! And the experience was totally worth it
All these years later and it's still one of my favorite memories with my mom and sister
And everytime I go back to Hawaii I will say "Hey! I slept in a tree house here once!"
I can't wait to take Devin next time we hit up the Islands.

 P.S. I have no pictures of our actual adventures but I promise they exist... They are at my parent's house because "back then" we used cameras that had film.

(This is the exact tree house we stayed in on Maui. Go HERE to learn more. This one is called the "August Moon" tree house. It fit all three of us comfortably!)

8 comments:

Redheaded Daybook said...

omgosh. can i just put one of these in my backyard! i would live in it lol

ps. i am having a giveaway if you would like to participate :)
http://redheadeddaybook.blogspot.com/2012/06/giveaway-tuesday.html

Elisabeth said...

this is so neat! i totally want to go :)

Elisabeth said...

this is so neat! i totally want to go :)

Elisabeth said...

this is so neat! i totally want to go :)

Kristen said...

that is amazing!!!! It's like a dream!!! Gorgeous!

Ashley said...

Umm wow!!!!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Those tree houses are SO cool and amazing!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Those tree houses are SO cool and amazing!