Friday, June 1, 2012

Top 5 Friday!

My cute friend SARAH does this awesome thing on Friday's
It's called "Top 5 Friday" where she recounts her favorite things of the week
And I am {slightly} obsessed with reading her posts every week
So here is my list for my very first "Top 5 Friday!"

#1. My new breakfast obsession
You guys... I die. I look forward to eating breakfast now {even more than I did before}. The story on this little beauty came from an adorable little cafe walking distance from our new home in our new town. I knew I had to try and recreate it when I got back to California... and let me tell you... it's amazing. 1 cup oatmeal (cooked), 1 cup greek yogurt (I use vanilla), strawberries, and a bit of granola (I don't go too crazy with the granola since most is high calorie).

#2. My new car
Sorry I know Monroe had a whole post to herself... but I have never had a new car before so I am still excited. I mean... we got Brody (our truck) new... but he was Devin's... I still get all giddy when I see her in our driveway.

#3. The beach
I sure am going to miss this place. When someone asked us how we felt about being "landlocked" in our new town it totally hit me in a new way that we will literally be "locked down"... sigh. I need to soak up as much salt and sand as I can!

#4. Farmer's market
It's a big to-do in San Luis Obispo. Husband and I haven't gotten to go as much as we have liked (due to crazy schedules) but whenever we go we love it. We went last night with our good friends Shawna and Garrett (who we are going to miss terribly!) and we had an absolute blast! The vibe is awesome and the venders are fabulous. I love SLO. P.S. If you ever go Eureka burger is fabulous!
#5. Finally having my husband home
I can't even tell you how amazing it is to wake up in the morning next to this handsome man of mine. Even the smell of his cologne after he leaves for the day makes me smile. These days I find myself just needing more and more hugs and loves because... well... I'm making up for lost time.

Go check out Sarah's blog HERE
What's on your list for your Top 5 Friday?

5 comments:

Michelle P said...

I love your car! And love the pictures.

Always Maylee said...

Great list! The breakfast sounds pretty delish, I just might have to try it!

xo, Yi-chia
Always Maylee

Diane's Photography said...

Whitney you are stupendious! I'm going to try your breakfast, and I'm going to check out Sarah's blog...love your car too

Kat Tanita (With Love From, Kat) said...

those strawberries look amazing! yummmy! love your blog.

xx
kat
www.withlovefromkat.com

Kat Tanita (With Love From, Kat) said...

those strawberries look amazing! yummmy! love your blog.

xx
kat
www.withlovefromkat.com