Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The day I knew

I always hated it when I was single and someone older and wiser (read: married) would tell me "When you know-you know! Ya know?"
No- I have no idea what you are talking about lady because I don't know how you know because I don't know! Ya know?
But then I met this man...
I can't exactly tell you how I knew but I can tell you about the day that I knew that I knew (are you with me so far?)
Devin and I had been dating about 8ish weeks (or 2 months... choose which option sounds the longest to you) and we decided that we wanted to go see the play Wicked in L.A.
We chose to go in the middle of the week and I had to work the day we left and Devin didn't

We opted to take my car (her name is Charlie-we sold her last night which might be why I am feeling all nostalgic) because Dev's awesome sports car was a stick shift and would be a pain in the you-know-where to drive in L.A. traffic

So he dropped me off in the morning at work and took Charlie for the day
When he came to pick me up from work Charlie looked like a whole new car
He had her washed, vacuumed the inside, wiped everything down, had her oil changed and did a whole bunch of other things I don't even remember.

It might sound odd but that's when I knew that I knew
This cute guy who on his day off spent it getting my car all nice and ready so we could go spend a night in the city made me realize he was THE ONE
The entire trip confirmed it even further for me
He drove on the way home so I could sleep
He let me get snacks at the gas station because I was dying of hunger
And a bunch of other little things that happened that day... made it the day that I knew that I knew
(pictures taken August 2008)


5 comments:

Elisabeth @ La Vita e Bella said...

this is adorable - although you should add something about how wicked was the most amazing thingyouve ever seen and how after you saw it together it was such a bonding experience that you never wanted to be apart or simple how after listening to defying gravity you - well - you know?

Whitney & Devin said...

Elisabeth you are right! Wicked was the most amazing thing we ever saw! And it WAS an incredible bonding experience... I think I need to re-write the whole thing! :-) Part 2 to come later!

Ashley said...

I love this post. First off....what a great date, right?! And second...I love that you "knew" I felt the same with Noel. You two are so cute.

Cady said...

So sweet! What a good guy he is. Loved reading this :) xo.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Aw, you guys are too cute together and can I just say, I'm totally jealous that you've seen Wicked?!