Wednesday, June 13, 2012

7 tips for wearing cardigans

As you may most definitely have noticed I have a certain "thing" for cardigans
It's kind of a joke here in the Zufelt home
Everytime we go shopping Devin always asks what I bought
9 times out of 10 there will be a new cardigan in the bag
I have 2 drawers dedicated solely to cardigans (there is always room for more)...
A cardigan is such a classic piece I can't help but love them
Take a look back at some of my favorite looks with cardigans with a few of my tips to wear them

#1.
Play with color! You don't always have to wear neutrals.
{Shoes: Enzo Angiolini. Skirt: J Crew. Button down: Express. Cardigan and belt: Gap. Glasses: Nicole Miller}

#2.
Dress them down with jeans and a tshirt
{Shoes: TOMS. Jeans and cardigan: Express. Stripped T: J Crew. Glasses: Rayban.}

#3.
Bring out a certain color in a patern with a solid cardigan
{Shoes: Macys. Skirt, Cardigan, Necklace: J Crew. Tshirt: Downeastbasics}

#4.
The buttons don't always have to be used! Leave it open to show your cute shirt underneath
{Boots: Hunter. Jeans: Banana Republic. Buttondown: American Eagle. Cardigan: J Crew}

#5
Go for patterned cardigans! This one is subtle but don't be afraid to go bold!
{Shoes: Macys. Skirt: Gap. Cardigan and headband: J Crew. Belt: Express}

#6
Dress it up with a scarf!
{Shoes: Jessica Simpson. Pants and scarf: J Crew. Tshirt: Marshalls. Cardigan: Express}

#7
Layer! I promise they are perfect layering pieces any time of year especially for summer since they are so lightweight!
{Shoes: Macys. Skirt, Top, Cardigan: J Crew. Bag: Oilily. Glasses: Rayban}

Now please excuse me while I go and raid my cardigan drawer(s) for something cute to wear today.



6 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh my gosh. I am the SAME way with cardigans. You are absolutely adorable. I've had my eye on that yellow JCrew skirt for a while now :-)

Lauren said...

I too have a somewhat unhealthy obsession with cardigans. I have way too many but they just work with everything! Cute post :)

Megan said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love cardigans also! I need to get more, though. I don't have nearly as many as you. :)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

You my friend can ROCK the cardigans!

Laura Darling said...

Love love love cardigans. That's pretty much my uniform for work haha! My coworkers always joke that I have one in every color!

Eloquent English said...

I love all of these different options for wearing a cardigan! Great post! New follower! xxoo A-