Friday, April 13, 2012

Soon... but not yet


Pinned Image


Dear Furture Child,

A lot of my friends are pregnant, just had a baby, are about to have babies, or have more than one child. And yet... here we are... without you. I admit it... sometimes when I see a cute lil' peanut I want to have one NOW and then they start screaming and my baby needs are cured for the moment. Sometimes I feel as though they STARE (yes the babies) at me like "You know you want to have one..." and I do... just not now. But please don't think that we don't think about you... we do. We even frequent the phrase, "when we have kids". Because it is not a matter of if it is a matter of when. We just haven't felt that the time is right. Most people think we are nuts or that there is something wrong with us for waiting this long. We will know when it's time. And it isn't yet... but soon. And soon is very relative so we don't know exactly when "soon" will be.

Pinned Image

I really hope you turn out to be cute. I mean... I am sure I will think you are cute. I just hope no one has to lie to me about you being cute (no offense). But really though I wonder what you will look like. Will you have curly hair like your dad? Or straight as an arrow hair like me? Will you get your dad's gorgeous eyes? Or my plain ol' brown ones? I really hope you get curly hair and your dad's eyes. Sorry if you get mine. I can't really help that.

Pinned Image
If you are a boy... I appologize in advance for all the shopping I will make you do. I also apologize for not liking some of your girlfriends... because let's face it... I am picky... and girls are trouble. I don't appologize for telling you "I love you" in front of your dudes. Honestly it's something I am really looking forward to. I have to make up for all the times you will ruin one of my outfits.

Pinned Image

If you are a girl our bank account is really going to suffer (and we are already well aware of it)- your dad says you are going straight to the nunnery (He has also told me that you are a girl then he gets a cool old car).... I think we can hold off until you are at least 16.  I apologize for making you wait to wear makeup until you get to high school. You can get your ears pierced whenever but nothing else. And no, you cannot go to Winter Formal with the cutest boy in class before you are 16 (in case you were wondering). Also, I will not apologize for the embarrassing baby photos I will be showing your first boyfriend. It's my packback for your sassy teenaged years. P.S. I really hope you like pink... it's my favorite.

Pinned Image
Soon... but not yet

4 comments:

Lauren said...

This is really sweet. Don't let people pressure you. We haven't even been married a year and we get that question constantly. You'll know when you're ready :) And when you are, how much fun will it be shopping for that cute little thing!! Happy Friday lady :)

CALLIE said...

THis is the sweetest/cutest every!! Yall are in the exact same situation as us! We will be married 3 years in July but just not quite ready yet :) Soon... but not yet! Love that

Holly said...

Awww this is the sweetest post ever! Love it! I too admit I have baby fever but hubby and I are not quite ready yet. Like you, someday soon we will be :)

Tamsyn said...

This is such a sweet post Whitney. It can be so difficult to decide when to have children. My husband and I went through the exact emotions and thoughts that you are experiencing now. We both wanted to wait and achieve more of our goals and dreams before having children, yet at the same time we really wanted to be parents and felt that we should no longer put it off. I was SO scared!!! but I decided to put my faith in the Lord and deal with as things happen. As you know, we have a baby girl and getting things done around here is more difficult but more fun! And yes, our bank account is suffering too! I no longer care if I look cute anymore, as long as my daughter has the cute clothes. Anyway, I know it is hard not to feel pressure but just do what you feel is right for you and hubby!