Friday, February 3, 2012

I LOVE love


I went to Joann's yesterday for the 3rd time this week
Yes you read that correctly... And all for separate reasons
But yesterday I NEEDED some "crafting therapy"
Crafting therapy is awesome because you get a little bit of retail therapy and some much needed creative juices flowing (that's where pinterest comes in)
And I especially needed this crafting therapy after I realized that as of the 13th I will be taking Anatomy and Physiology (upper division!), Physics, AND Chemistry all at the same time... Oh. Dear...

So when I went to Joann's and they had one last foam heart
I knew it was meant to be
Last week when I went over to my friend Nicole's house she had this adorable heart wreath
And I knew I had to make it
So I pinterested a heart wreath, bought the supplies, and badaboom-badabing... an hour and a half later I had this little baby!

I used this tutorial... and I think it looks great!

There is also some other mushy gushy going on over here.
On Tuesday I realized that it was the day before February 1st and I had an oh-no-I-totally-forgot-to-do-something-romantic-for-my-husband-so-I-had-better-do-something-quick moment. So I headed to Target (hence the tripping incident spoken of yesterday) to buy a mailbox, came home, and wrote out 14 different memories I have of husband and I from our first year together.


I am so glad that I did this. It was simple... but Devin has enjoyed it so much. Each day now he gets really excited to see that little flag and he says, "Hey look! I've got mail!" and he grabs his Valentine, hops back into bed, and snuggles me while we read it. And anything that gets me extra cuddles in the morning is totally worth it.

9 comments:

diary of this girl - megan said...

i love the mailbox, and that heart wreath is GORGEOUS! i want to make one!!

xoxo, megan

La Mode by Marianne said...

Aw man both of those things are amazing!!

Really love the mailbox idea...so cute! I might hafta try that - who doesnt like extra cuddles?!

Daisy said...

These are both so cute! You are so creative :)

Meg {henninglove} said...

nothing wrong with going 3 times i have done that prior however it is michaels for me. god thing the closest hobby lobby is like 25 minutes or else that would be torture to have it so close to me :-) love that felt wreath great job on it!

Samantha said...

Oh my goodness, the mailbox idea is adorable! I need to do that!!

I made Ryan the Pinterest-inspired "52 Things I Love About You" (deck of cards with lots of things I loooooove about him), but I can't post it until Feb 14th! I don't want him to see it, haha.

The felt wreath is so neat!

Diane's Photography said...

I love the mailbox AND the heart wreath... and your energy!

Ashley said...

Your wreath looks so cute!
& I love your mailbox idea, adorable!
as for your upcoming school schedule, all I gotta say is, Good Luck! I myself know exactly how hard those classes are.
I'm actually taking physiology during a 6 week winter session right now, but in the past I have taken Chem & Physics together & if im being honest, it was hard! You can do it girl!!!

Jen said...

That wreath is ADORABLE! I love it.

And the mailbox idea is so sweet, what guy wouldn't love that?

My boyfriend is crazy obsessed with planes, too - he flies helicopters now, but has his heart set on planes!

Love your blog!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I think your wreath turned out great!!