Tuesday, January 31, 2012

What I learned this weekend...







#1. I am very indecisive when it comes to choosing fabric... and I can spend hours at Joann's. However... husband did say I can do my new project in whatever colors I want (hello pink my old friend)
#2. I have too many pairs of glasses... Yes these were all on my night stand...Yes I didn't realize it until I went to bed Friday night... You never know which pair you might want to wear reading in bed ya know?
#3. TJ Maxx can have inspiring quotes just laying around that make you stop and think... who knew? Not me.
#4. Trying to recreate a breakfast you had on vacation makes husband super happy. Spinach, feta, and avocado scramble? Delightful
#5. Fishtail braids are the bomb yo- even husband thought it looked cool... and it didn't take 5 hours to do like I thought it would
#6. I am not the only one who is going to miss California.

What did you guys do this weekend?
I baked. A LOT. And went on nice long walks with Lucy and husband. And had cute friends over to play games and eat junk (that was my favorite). 

7 comments:

La Mode by Marianne said...

I love the art aisle in TJ Maxx...they have the best little canvas quotes like that!

We did renovations on our house - and I think some new fabric and inspiring wall quote shopping will be next on my agenda too!

Sam said...

Sounds like the perfect weekend! I slept because I was sick but hey it was nice to relax too ;)

sam*

rebecca said...

is there anything happier than a pup with his head out the window? so sweet.

samara dane said...

love your blog! do you ever bring your husband with when you pick out fabrics? i brought my bf to joanns to pick out paper...i can be pretty indecisive too:) but he found something to do there:

http://wanderingsofmissdane.blogspot.com/2012/01/mr-e-goes-to-johanns.html

hehe!

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog! :)

Sounds like a great weekend! Your braids are absolutely lovely, I need to research how to do these and give them a try!

Samantha said...

Your braid is darling! Pinterest got me hooked on fishtails!! So cute and yes, much simpler than I had thought!

Sam

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I love that braid. Now I'm off to figure out how to do it!