Monday, January 23, 2012

It's OK...

Hello again Monday. I can't say its good to see you- because frankly unless I am on vacation... you and I aren't really BFF's. Sorry, it's not your fault. You just bring on things like "another work week" or in my case today "school". BUT... today you do have one saving grace.... It's raining... And you know what that means... Hunter wellies.
(Boots and Socks: Hunter. Jeans: Banana Republic. Scarf: J Crew. Jacket: Delias)

It's OK...
-That the day I wore my wellies this weekend it ended up not raining at all... it was just cloudy
-That my second batch of dulce de leche cheesecake bars were not as good as the first.
-That I had husband read to me "The Berenstein Bears Go to School" last night because we were going through our books and I told him that my mom used to read it to me before the first day of school.
-To go to Santa Barbara and just window shop.
-That I ate my fair share of these delicious cookies this weekend. I have got to stop baking.
-To sing "happy birthday" to your dog. She is now 2.
-To come home from church and get into your PJ's... even if it is noon.
-That I feel too young to be a "leader" at girls camp.... wasn't I just in young women's?
-To still have CD's... I am no getting rid of N*Sync or backstreetboys thank you very much
-That I still look through our wedding pictures
-To want Zooey Deschanel bangs but still be afraid of the commitment. Yes... having bangs is a commitment.
-That I didn't clean my house this weekend. Sometimes having a messy house just means you made other memories... right?
-That I didn't wear red lipstick on Saturday. Husband said, "I don't like it because then I can't kiss you." With a comment like that the red lipstick stayed off.


What's OK with you today?

9 comments:

Samantha said...

Cute, cute, cute! Our Hunter wellies match... love red! I used to be afraid of wearing them when it wasn't raining, but now I wear them any old time I want. :)

Sam

Michelle P said...

So jealous of your boots!

Amira said...

Haha this whole list made me laugh. I especially appreciate getting into pajamas at 2 in the afternoon :-)

2Anchor said...

I'm glad you finally got to wear your Hunters!! I'm still trying to explain to my husband that they would be a better investment over snow boots lol. And bangs...total commitment, ask me. I'm currently growing mine out. Pain! Happy Monday.

xoKylee

Courtney Johnson said...

You and your husband are so stinking cute!!! LOVES IT!!!

My sweet bloggy friend.. I nominated you for an award today :) Stop by my blog and check it out!!!

Meg {henninglove} said...

i love those red hunters. they are on my wish list. and who cares if it isn't raining or not when you wear them, they are awesome anytime! and go to santa barbara one of my favorite places, need to visit there more often. i mean i only live 2 hours south of there

Jenna said...

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog Whitney - so cool that one of your friends is South African :)

How did you meet them!?

Now following your lovely blog :)

xxx
Jenna

Sam said...

Hey! Thanks so much for giving me the best of advice on my blog about carreer choices! Your right, God will let me know once I try one or the other :) I'm following your blog :)

sam*

Megan said...

I've always wanted a pair of red wellies - super cute! Just stumbled upon your blog and love the beautiful layout and header photos... so pretty! Have a fantastic day :)