Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Crack Cookies


I usually don't share recipes on this little blog {I used to} BUT...
This cookie is my favorite cookie in the whole wide world. No joke. And I am very picky about cookies... Ok ok I am extremely picky
Whenever someone brings us cookies {or there are cookies at a function of some sort}I have Devin taste them first and tell me if they are "worth it"
You know... I want the calories I waste to count for something seriously delicious
And these cookies hit the spot
Trust me... You need to make these ASAP
The recipe for these cookies is hand written on a beat up paper smudged with pb and little notes written all over it
I freaked out when I thought I couldn't find the recipe on Saturday... but alas husband found it... and I am going to share it with you {because I heart you guys!}
Oh and did I mention that you only get 1 bowl dirty for this recipe!?
P.S. These cookies have no other name but "delicious" except now my mom calls them "crack cookies"... and they are best right out of the oven with a big glass of milk {or almond milk in my case}

You'll need:
1 cup creamy peanut butter (I used skippy natural)
1 cup butter (room temp. 2 hours MAX out of the fridge)
1 cup sugar
1 cup "overflowing" brown sugar packed
2 eggs (room temp.)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla (pure!)
2 cups flour
2 hand fulls oatmeal (BIG hand fulls)
1 bag Resses pb chips
1 bag milk chocolate chips (I use ghirardeli)
To make!
Cream together the peanut butter and butter until "fluffy". Add sugars, soda, salt, vanilla and mix. Add in the eggs one at a time. Gradually add the flour. Mix the oatmeal in first and then add the pb chips and chocolate chips. This recipe makes a lot of cookies so I like to made them big! Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes. Be sure to leave them on the pan for about 5 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack. Enjoy!
{this picture just cracks me up! Look at Lucy's tongue! Haha!}
Now... Go make them! You can thank me later ;-)

10 comments:

Sarah Lynne said...

oh my goodness!!!! were these the cookies you made when Michael and I and Sarah and Zac came over??? those were DELICIOUS! and michael actually loved them (and he hates oatmeal) lol

Elisabeth said...

those look delicious! i'm so trying these!

Kimber said...

thanks for visiting my blog! i'm loving this recipe you posted, i think it may be the next one i use now. cute blog!

Brooklyn said...

Ummm... DELICIOUS! I'm so glad you left a comment on Veggie Table because it brought me to your cute blog! Can't wait to read more and let me know how the tofu whompin' goes :)

Casey said...

these really sound SO good!! did you make this up? cause really, you're recipe dessert posts just because became a lil dangerous ;) hehe

wHiT said...

oh my! these look good!
-wHiT

Jenna said...

YUM! My mom makes something similar to this and they are amazing, but I don't have the recipe. Can't wait to try this one out!

xxx
Jenna

2Anchor said...

Can't wait to try these! I love a good cookie! Plus one bowl?!?! I mean, that's a sell alone!

xoKylee

Mary Nevin said...

yum!!! i'm definitely going to try this asap!!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Those look SO good! I need to make these!