Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Weekends when you don't do much

(awww)

Compared to last weekend, this weekend was extremely mellow
Friday, husband got home late {as usual these days} but we still wanted to enjoy what was left of our evening... so we ate dinner and headed off to good ol' Wally World.... in our "pajamas"
You see... husband has been {lovingly} nagging me to watch "The Dark Knight"... you know... the second Batman movie...
I have to say, I have been avoiding this movie because Heath Ledger in that roll totally creeped me out
But husband said I had to see it if I wanted to see the new one that was coming
So I told him, "Well I have seen this first one!"
Husband's reply? "There was a first one!?"
Oh my cute man... HOW did YOU miss it!?
Needless to say Friday night and Saturday night we spent watching the Batman movies
Because we are old and married
(we did make it to the beach too!)
On another note...I made these very very naught dulce de leche cheesecake bars... And I will be making them again on Friday {yes they were THAT good}

(by the time I thought to take a picture there was only one left!)

I was also very excited that when I curled my hair on Sunday... that it stayed curled... and was still curled 12 hours later... girls with straight as straw hair will appreciate why this made me so happy.
(check it out! still curled right before bedtime... are you loving my kokua fest shirt? haha I dressed really fancy this weekend apparently)

OH and... we bought a camera... and not just any camera... The camera I have been lusting over since... oh... October... Husband bought us the Nikon D7000... and I am in love.
However... he said I cannot use it until I have read the manual... I guess we know what I will be doing this next weekend...  

8 comments:

Samantha said...

SO jealous of your camera purchase!!

Sam

Janine said...

That movie really creeps me out too. When my husband wants to watch it, I normally do dishes and chime in every once in awhile. I can't watch the whole thing.

Purposely at Home said...

looks like you had a fabulous weekend! yay for a new camera...have fun with that manual. ;D those dessert bars look F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S!! i hope y'all have a terrific tuesday.

xo
purposelyathome.blogspot.com

Casey said...

What a great weekend :) We had a batman marathon a few weeks ago, and I hadn't seen the second either :) We ended up buying them. I heart Christian Bale. They are intense but so good...and Tom Hardy's in the next one- yay!

Courtney Johnson said...

I am beyond jealous of your new camera!!! And I love the fact that you have to read the manual prior to using it...Sound like something my boyfriend would do to me... :)

Diane's Photography said...

you WILL love your new camera!!!! yes, it's a must to read the manuel and watch the DVD that came wtih it. It will be less frustrating to use for sure!

Emily @ Dashboard Diary said...

i feel ya with the curled hair thing. nothing makes me happier than waking up to still curled hair from the day before (even though it is completely rare for my curls to last longer than 2 hours) I think its from my new hot tools wand thingy though that santa brought me :)

wHiT said...

Mmm those bars look tasty!
-wHiT