Saturday, December 31, 2011

A look back at 2011

I can't believe 2011 is coming to a close! It went by so fast! Here is a look back on some of the highlights of 2011 for us...

January
I did my very first outfit post
and my very first Awkward and Awesome! We also made our first trip of the year down to LA

February
Husband had his awards dinner, I got my very first gift from Tiffany & Co. My degree (aka piece of paper) finally came in the mail, AND we went to Disneyland for my birthday.

March
We discovered the best breakfast place here on the central coast (Kay's Country Kitchen), I rediscovered my love for N'Sync, AND husband and I went to China Peak to get in some skiing and snowboarding.

April
I did Jillian Michael's six week six pack, my new baby nephew was born, I said "good bye" to Prince William (yes I stayed up all night to watch the royal wedding!) and husband and I got ready to leave for Hawaii.

May
We went to Hawaii! We started doing the insanity workouts, Devin had a birthday (and he got flying time), and I started making recipes out of the Biggest Loser cookbooks.

June
I quit my job to go back to school for pre-reques for grad school, I taught yoga at girls camp, we discovered the yumminess of Izze's and went to farmer's market (the only time we went the entire year)
July
We went to a Dodger game, I "walked" in the graduation ceremony, we discovered how cute the Camarillo airport is (and the cafe there!), I passed statistics! I had a BYU-I party for our cute kids going off to school there, and we discovered that Lucy loves fireworks.

August
Husband went to Colorado for training for 3 weeks and I thought I was going to die. I went out to visit him for a few days though. I discovered QVC. I had my first DIY project (I painted my sewing desk remember?), I started learning to sew! And husband bought me a nice sewing machine. Husband also flew us to Catalina Island for the day.

September
I discovered red lipstick. I also learned that my parents home is no longer my home. Husband was gone for most of this month. Mom and I went to Disneyland again. I sewed my very first piece of clothing (pencil skirt above!) And I started making the anthropologie inspired quilt.

October
We decided on our Halloween costumes and got to work. We went to San Francisco! We also watched a Stanford football game. October was pretty much consumed with getting our costume's in order since we made most of Devin's.

November
Thanksgiving! Black Friday! Finished my anthro quilt! And I announced our Holiday Tradition Swap!  We went to LA again... and had sprinkles cupcakes and we went to the Getty!

December
3 year anniversary :-) Christmas... and pure happiness

I can't wait to see what next year brings us!

6 comments:

Kimberly Bonham said...

Looks like you had a wonderful year! Happy New Year!

2Anchor said...

Such a cute post! I only started reading your blog last month so I'm glad you did a recap. Looks like it was an amazing year for you guys! hope 2012 is just as fantastic!

xoKylee

Miss Amy said...

Great year! Great time to reflect and be grateful for it all. Happy new year!

chillairandperfume said...

Great recap post! Looks like you two had a wonderful year together.

xo,
Hannah

www.chillairandperfume.blogspot.com

Elisabeth said...

love it whitney!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I love that red dress you're wearing in a picture! Have a great 2012!