Friday, December 2, 2011

December 18th, 2008

This was the day I became Mrs. Zufelt
Weirrrrrrrd huh?
Sometimes I feel to young to have been married for almost 3 years
But alas... I am. And since we will be in San Diego for our anniversary I would like to share some things I remember about our wedding.

It was pouring rain the night before our wedding. We got married on a Thursday. I mean, it was literally dumping buckets and buckets of rain that Wednesday. I remember thinking, "Please let us make it to the temple tomorrow and please let it be beautiful."... because we had a 6 hour drive to the San Diego temple.
I stayed in a hotel room the night before with 2 of my bridesmaids who also happened to be former college roommates. It was our last night "sleeping together". I was stressed... they were giddy. We awoke to an absolutely gorgeous day in South California. Thank you Heavenly Father for that. And I sent my dad to pick up flowers, everyone else to get breakfast, and my mom and I headed off to the salon.
Oh that was a disaster. I had never practiced how I wanted my hair for our wedding. I told the girl I wanted it to be down and curled with a little pinned up. She said it would never work (she had high ratings on google). So I told her to just make me look glamorous. And she gave me this hideous beehive hairdo. And I was frantic. I had 20 minutes to get to the temple and my hair looked like it was from the 1960s. I cried and pulled the bobbypins out of my hair.
When we got to the temple my bridesmaids and Devin kept saying "You look beautiful!" Liars. Luckily we got some time to semi-fix my hair before we acutally got married. My mom had thought to bring a curling iron and I brought my make-up bag.
And then I was dressed and ready (my dress was 2 sizes too big and so my mother and MIL literally pinned me into my dress)... and I met Devin...and then I felt something I hadn't felt all day... I felt peace.
Complete and utter peace. And happiness. And overwhelming love. I will never forget seeing Devin's face when he saw me. Or his expression when he looked at me in the temple with tears in his eyes. It was the best day ever.
I am so thankful for my husband. He is the most amazing man ever- I wish I had words enough to express how much I love him but... there aren't enough... I can't wait to spend forever with him.

11 comments:

Tammy @ Lemons, Avocados, and the Bay said...

Aw such sweet pictures.. and don't worry, your hair looked beautiful. :)

You didn't get back to me about yummy places to eat in SD.. so some recommendations:
C-Level, The Prado, Flavor Del Mar, Has Hash a Go Go for brunch, The Cottage for Brunch

Let me know where you're staying and I can give you some more specific recommendations :)

Have fun!

Purposely at Home said...

You are such a beautiful bride...and I love you hair too! ;)

Elisabeth said...

beautiful story!
and i had hair disasters too.
the veil completley pulled my hair out and we had to redo it in the bridesroom before pictures outside the temple. lucky enough my aunt was my hair dresser and she got to ebe in the bridesroom with me :)

Katie said...

I'm new to your blog, but I obviously came just in time! Your photos are stunning. I love your dress, the colored shoes, and your hair...wow. What a beautiful bride!

Alyx said...

Aww, cute!
My dress was too big, too! I was SO mad, because I'd given them my EXACT measurements. They fit an exact size, so I wouldn't need alterations. The dress came, and when I tried it on, I noticed that I'd either magically lost 25 lbs, or they got the size wrong. Yeah, it was the latter, and my wedding was a week away. Needless to say, it was a disaster!
You looked beautiful, and you can't tell about the hair!

Diane's Photography said...

I have tears in my eyes. what a wonderful woman you are Whitney! I have enjoyed watching you grow sense you were 12! I've been lucky! Your Deven is a keeper, a sweetheart and a good man. Enjoy your forever!
love you

anna said...

lovely images. and your PINK nails! killer.

anna
www.embracethesunshine.blogspot.com

Lottie said...

Your hair looks amazing...I would never have guessed that there was any hair drama.

It souds like it was the perfect day!

MOMMY TALK WITH STEPH said...

So beautiful, Whitney! I LOVE THE SAN DIEGO TEMPLE. It's so fun driving on the freeway right past it whenever we are down that way. Happy Anniversary! To eternity! :)

Mr. Taylor and his Lady said...

just posted some wedding pictures the other day, too. so fun looking back on great memories. the san diego temple is just so beautiful! can't wait to go and visit someday! :)
xo TJ

Lisa @ MMT said...

Love these photos! You are so beautiful!