Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The Tree

Oh Christmas tree
Oh Christmas tree
You were such a pain in the rear end to put up this year- But don't worry I still love you
(decorating my parent's tree)

So... Saturday... we decided to put the lights up on the outside of our house and get the tree later... later came... and even later came... and then it was 5pm and dark and we had just started looking for a Christmas tree. Our usual place (that we got a giant tree last year for $20) had upped their prices (double!) and their tree's weren't all that great. Boo and hiss.
(snow man tree!)

So we headed to the ever faithful "cut your own tree down and pay a fortune for your tree" place... but... I just couldn't spend $75 on the tree I wanted. I mean... I got leather BOOTS for that much and I get to enjoy them longer than 4 weeks. So it was a no go.
(our tree)

We ended up at OSH of all places. And picked a tree (at 8pm) without seeing it opened or anything. It was like the blind audtion off the Voice. Oh you want to be our tree? Ok... you look tall enough and you are thicker than the rest... you can be on our team.

Opening that sucker... was like the scene from Christmas Vacation where the branches all of a sudden snap out and Chevy Chase says "A little full... lots of sap"... not to mention that our tree (that I have now named Harold- as in "hark the HAROLD..." yes I know it's really spelt herald) wouldn't stand up straight. He squished me 3 times. So we had to cut some branches off to make him even and balanced.
(all done!)

And now Harold looks fantastic. Husband says, "Its our best tree yet!" And I have to agree. We did pretty good picking Harold to be on our team.  OH and are you loving my parent's tree (its the white one up top)? Inspiration found via pinterest.
(Merry Christmas from Lucy!)

P.S. Want to see my favorite ornament? Husband in 1989... love him.

11 comments:

Nessa @{Casa Braaflat} said...

my brother and i totally made that Christmas tree ornament when we were kiddos too.
nothing like the smell of a real tree!

Alyx said...

That is a pretty freaking amazing tree! Definitely a winner for not getting to see it first!

Shannon said...

That snowman tree is amazing! I love it. I am totally jealous of people that get to have real trees. My boyfriend declared them too big of a fire hazard in our old house :(

Samantha said...

Haha I like that you decorated the pup too! So cute. :)

Sam
http://petitefemmejolie.blogspot.com

Ashley said...

i absolutely LOVE the snowman tree. I saw that on pinterest as well and told my mom we should do that this year. of course we ended up doing it the same as any other year, but im still diggin the snowman tree and just might have to do it for myself one of these years. :)

http://sunshinelifelove.blogspot.com/

Ali said...

Way cute trees! I don't get to put mine up til Thursday ish cuz we won't get our tree til then (free from the in-laws)

Eva said...

Christmas Vacation! my fave christmas movie

La Mode by Marianne said...

Haha your tree shopping experience sounds similar to ours!
"Little full...lot of sap" - LOVE that movie!
And Lucy...shes soo cute, wonder if our little pup would sit still that long ;)

Kelly said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Your tree looks so nice :) And the ornament is awesome! haha

Mindee & Austin said...

Probably the most adorable snowman tree ive ever seen, ever!!!
Your tree is so cute too!
Christmas is the best time of the year : )
My hubby and I just watched Christmas Vacation last weekend, that movie makes me laugh so hard!

Lottie said...

I am jealous that you have your tree already...I really want one but can't get one for a while :(

And thank you for your comment on my blog!