Friday, November 25, 2011

Thankful

I have to admit my friends, that sometimes I am so stinkin' busy to be grateful for the Little things- You must think I am a terrible person. Its not that my blessings go unnoticed... on the contrary I know that I am extremely blessed and I make sure to say "thank you"... but I think being grateful is an attitude that I sometimes have a bad attitude about... a lot of things. So... today I am going to share some little things that I am grateful for {that I usually take for granted}... in no particular order
(I am most thankful for this cute man)
Bubble baths
Warm, fresh bread
Chocolate on bad days
Hair ties
The color Pink
Jeans
Showers
Shoes
Washing machines
Gum
Tooth brushes
Pillows
Jackets
Phones
Cereal
Turkey {hello Thanksgiving}
Romantic comedies
Books
Nail polish
Fuzzy warm blankets
Pinterest (haha!)
Peppermint hot chocolates
Lotion
Sunglasses
(Devin and Lucy resting after turkey)
I think its all too often we {and me especially} forget how much we actually HAVE. Even as I am writing this I am thinking things like "I am grateful for the carpet in my house" or "the hot water we have" or "that we have enough food to eat". I could do without most of the above list. What I can't do without is what is most important. My husband, my family, my friends, my faith...
(Turkey coma!)
What are you thankful for today?

P.S. Thanksgiving was delicious. Mom and I baked and cooked and baked and cooked some more. Pictures and stories of my black Friday horror to come.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

I totally agree with the fresh bread and Pinterest. I am thankful for those as well!

Diane's Photography said...

I am thankful for friends like you who can in a instant make me forget my bad mood and make me smile! Thanks for this post Whitney!
love you

Abigail said...

And I like your thankful list! A washing mashine is definitely a good thankful. Although it would spare me the hours of laundry each week! It's amazing how much laundry two people can muster up in one week!

Your blog is pretty cute.. so I just started following you!