Tuesday, November 15, 2011

From the Mixed-up Files

 {Irises by Vincent Van Gogh via The Getty}

I look forward to date nights.. um... like the entire week
This weekend was special... we had a entire date day


This past Saturday we went to the L.A. Temple {which was the busiest I have EVER seen it! People from China, Korea, and Tonga were there- it was crazy) and then we did something I wish we had done 3 years ago...
We went to Sprinkles

Honestly- it is worth all the hype {Have you ever seen cup-cake wars!?!?!}. And I mean it. I am not one to waste calories (trust me) and every bite of these beauties were worth it. I orded the dark chcocolate and husband ordered the salty caramel... and we ended up switching. We will be visiting again very soon.

Then husband took me to The Getty which is a museum... not to be confused with the ghetto... which is what a co-worker thought...
It totally made me want to read "From the Mixed-up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler" again... and perhaps pool all of  our money into us moving into the museum (secretly of course) and live in the fancy French furnished rooms they have there and visit the Monet and Van Gogh paintings daily.
Apparently its not plausable anymore... I hear security is pretty tight.
{Monet Sunrise (Marine) via The Getty}

Although... they did let me get pretty close to touching the Monet's...
So thanks husband for a fantastic weekend {you really are the best ever} and for fulfilling the pre-reques of a date... Not that I don't love "hanging out" with you- its one of my all time favorite passtimes.
But its nice sometimes to have those dates that are
Planned, paid for, and paired off.
{view of L.A. from The Getty)


4 comments:

Shannon said...

I loved From the Mixed-up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler as a kid! Okay, I still love it as an adult. I also like to apply the theory of living in a museum to living in Target. Also, I am totally jealous of your Sprinkle's experience. I've always wanted to go.

Shannon
www.bungalow960.com

Holly said...

Awesome Date Day! I so want a Sprinkles cupcake. They look delish :)

Courtney B said...

What a PERFECT date! Someday, as soon as I'm near one, I'm trying Sprinkles! I want one SO bad!!

Emily @ Dashboard Diary said...

mmmmmm love some sprinkles! especially salted caramel! and caramel apple! and their cranberry orange! (its the yearly thanksgiving cupcake thats phenomenal!) . . . ok I'm done now, sorry that was a little extreme :)