Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Motivation


Who loves the biggest loser besides me? Honestly- its the only show that can get you to sit on your butt for over an hour and watch people workout. But I can't help it... I love it. I love it because it proves that SURGERY doesn't have to be the only answer!
Pinned Image
My favorite "pin" I keep seeing on pinterest says "I'll do anything to lose weight except eat healthy and workout". Now don't get me wrong- I understand that sometimes weightloss surgery is necessary- but I think the Biggest Loser proves that ANYONE can lose weight with the proper tools (and I don't mean having Bob Harper around everyday). Yes they lose tons more weight being on the biggest loser because thats all they do all day. But if you make simple changes such as WALKING, eating ground turkey instead of ground beef, fill your plates with more veggies, and just MOVE your body- you will feel better
Pinned Image
Most people that I know that have had weightloss surgery are on diets again. Want to know why? Surgery is just a quick fix- it isn't a lifestyle change.
Pinned Image
I'm not saying never have icecream or pizza... even Bob said "there is a time and a place for those things" but not everyday. And I also don't think that being "model thin" is healthy...
Pinned Image
Basically I guess I am trying to say:
#1. Don't be discouraged about weightloss- its a process (and sometimes a long one)
#2. Don't think you "can't" eat things because then you will get frustrated and gorge
#3. MOVE- do something... walk... dance.. anything
#4. Skip Mickey D's... please oh please oh please- I can give you fabulous burger recipes to make from home that are way better
#5. Eat- but eat WELL...
Pinned Image
Ok... I'm getting off my soap box now... :-)

5 comments:

Michelle Starrs said...

Hah I love the "what you eat in private you wear in public"
Ugh, weight loss is tough. It's something I've been struggling with the past few years. Babies and marriage make it a gazillion times harder but its slowly, and I mean SLOOOOOWLY coming off. I want it to stay off so I'm trying to make life-style changes rather than some ridiculous thing I can't ever keep up which, when stopped, will make me gain it all back.

lori said...

love this :)

and i love the biggest loser. olivia is my favorite contestant, ever.

Miss Amy said...

I've never seen the Biggest Loser - but I've heard it's good. :) I'm all for any show that motivates people to live healthy. My favorite saying about running is "The power to run the extra mile lies in between your ears. Keep running."

Alycia (Crowley Party) said...

Biggest Looser is the best show ever. It had the ability to make me cry at the drop of a hat. It is so inspiring and I always love a good running/workout quote... you posted some of my favs!

Sarah Frills4Thrills said...

I FEEL THE SAME WAY!!!! I get super annoyed when girls complain about their weight but aren't doing anything to improve!