Monday, October 24, 2011

Francisco- That's fun to say...

This weekend the hubs and I took a little adventure to San Francisco
I was a little bummed that I hadn't thought to
A. Eat Rice-a-roni
or
B. Wear flowers in my hair
I hear those are traditions
We DID however, walk through China Town, Fisherman's Warf, Ghirardelli square, Union Square, Pier 39... some wiiiiiiiindy street that I can't remember the name of... Lom-something-or-other (I was a little annoyed at the hill I had to climb just to see a STREET) but it was worth it when we got to the top
We ate at Boudin's which has some pretty good sour-dough bread (the clam chowder is better in Pismo Beach if you ask me) AND husband and I found the perfect combo for us... A North Face right above a Coach store


We also went to watch Stanford vs. Washington. I have to say I was a little preoccupied critiquing the Udub cheerleaders- but Stanford whooped their bootays. And husband let me eat Red Vines for dinner (trust me I had a good reason).
(my favorite moment of the game- the players took a knee and prayed. I. LOVE. IT)

Always fun adventures to be had with us Zufelt's ;-)

Things I learned on this trip
#1. Always bring a hair dryer even though husband tells you the hotel will have one (hence the ever present side braid)
#2. Don't wear TOMS to walk around a CITY (duh Whit)
#3. Its OK to eat pumpkin spice caramel chocolates in the a.m (we only had one) and have red vines for dinner on a "vacation"
 
Hope you all had a fabulous weekend as well

4 comments:

Courtney B said...

What a fun trip!! I'd love to go to San Fran someday! I've never been :) Haha I always hate the debate over taking the blow dryer or not :)

Michelle said...

totally loved visiting these places on my trip in march!

Ash said...

this is HILARIOUS! hubby and I JUST went to San Fran for our first time last month, and I couldn't stop quoting Elf! Thank you so much for your sweet comment- it made me blush.. ok, I'm going to continue blogstalking you now (;

mary said...

What a cute couple on the cutest trip! Yes def always bring the blowdryer, I am right there with ya on the lattes too! Thanks for stopping by my blog before! I'm off to read more about ya! xox!