Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Whelmed

"I know you can feel overwhelmed... and you can feel underwhelmed... but can you ever just be- whelmed?".... "I think you can in Europe..." - 10 Things I Hate About You

I have decided that "whelmed" is exactly the word to describe how I have been feeling lately. TOTALLY NOT underwhelmed (thats for dang sure) and not quite overwhelmed... I am... simply... whelmed.

I had all these fantastic projects lined up for when husband was gone to keep me busy and...
None of them are done (ok ok one of them is done)
Oopsies

I had this vision of husband comming home and our house would be transformed with my fantastic DIY projects and he would say "Whoa!" and be awestruck at my awesomeness... Alas- I fear that dream has been squashed like a bug.

You see I started out with this great ambition of making this little beauty...
I know its GORGEOUS right? And it seemed simple enough... oh how wrong I was

Que almost 3 weeks later working on this project and this is how far I have gotten...


Yup just a pile of rows... sheesh...

There is one little spec of light at the end of my crafy tunnel... I DID finish one project yesterday (thanks to my fabulous sewing teacher) but sorry friends you only get a little sneak peak of it...


I'll give you 3 guesses as to what it is... but you will only need 1


2 comments:

CarolAnn said...

That is going to be a gorgeous bedspread! Keep going! haha, ummm, I don't know what your last thing is....an apron?

Lindsay R said...

wow! I am impressed! That is a huge project to take on! Please post pics when you're done. Is there a tutorial on that? Please let me know. lindsay.rondo@gmail.com

Lindsay