Friday, September 23, 2011

Star Struck!

Husband and I share a love of telling our "star struck" stories... Probably because we talk about them... and then forget them right away so we can keep having this convo over and over again... because who doesn't like celebrity spotting? And saying "remember that time when..."

So I thought I would share some of my "star" sightings with you.

#1. Peter Gallagher
This sighting happened at LAX. I was on my way to BYU-I and had a layover in LAX. I was on my way to my 2nd flight to SLC and there he was just walking towards me. He smiled and waved and I smiled. I knew he looked familiar but it didn't register who he was until after I was on my flight. And only then I remembered he was "Johnathan" from Center Stage.

#2. Jamie Lee Curtis

This one happened fairly recently. Devin and I were in L.A. about to go eat at B.J's over by UCLA and as we were walking past a Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory Devin suddenly says "Hey look! Its the Activia lady!" I turn and go "Huh?" and then I see her and I shout "Oh Jamie Lee Curtis!" she looked at me... and I was embarrassed... and I didn't want to bug her so we kept walking.

I have met other "stars" like Conan O'Brien before he was famous. Mark Burnett (producer of Survivor). The entire cast of the very first Survivor... and I went to Middle School with Zac Efron (keep your shrieks to yourself ladies... I even have a picture of me kissing his cheek when we were in 7th grade somewhere). But my very favorite star sighting ever HAS to be...

#3 Fabio
This sighting also happened at LAX (that is apparently the place to go). We were on our way to Hawaii and one of the engines in our plane exploded (yes I thought we were going to die) so we had to turn around and go back to LAX. And guess who I saw waiting with us in the terminal? FABIO! Oh my goodness he was fabulous! He was wearing denim on denim, and cowboy boots. And I SWEAR his hair was "blowin' in the breeze" even though we were inside. It. Was. Awesome.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

So awesome! I remember seeing Sandra Bullock and Mel Gibson on the same day at the wine festival in Paso Robles when I was in High School.

Kathryn said...

I love all of your star struck stories! And I'll be honest, I'm a little jealous of your middle school with Zac Efron :)

Diane's Photography said...

Well, Im' jealous! I've never seen any Stars yet...guess I don't go to LAX enough huh? haahaa...that's so fun!

Carolynn Cecilia said...

Nice sightings!

I once ran in to Julie Andrews. Like, literally, ran in to her. Almost knocked her over coming out of a broadway opening.

Claudia said...

I used to see random celebs waaaay back when I would go out to Hollywood clubs alot.
LAX is def a hot spot for sightings, once I saw Collin Farrell. Oh and Staples Center.