Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The hour I had red lips

As many of you may know... M.A.C. gives away a free lipstick if you use and save 6 of the little pots/jars etc. that they have their makeup in. So this last Friday I decided to go and get my free lipstick...

As much as I love color and I love how red lips look on everyone else... I had every intention of going in there and getting a nude(ish) shade...

You can imagine my surprise when it was my voice that said "I want to try the Russian Red!"... Ha! Thanks self... I actually really DID want to try the Russian Red...

Oh boy, then the fun started... all the lip lining and coloring and smearing red all over my face... I don't think I can do this- I thought
As you could probably imagine- I was having committment issues with my new Russian Red lips (because I have never had red lips before) So I had the girl show me how to do winged liner. I ended up not buying anything because- I was afraid of what Devin would think (ha)... and because the girl said "You look like a pin-up!" and "In my professional opinion..."

By the time Devin got home all that was left of my red lips was the liner... on the very outside of my lips... And it wasn't very cute

I think I will have to try again soon...
And for a good laugh... husband said this is my impression of Angelina Jolie
I think its what I would look like with collagen...

2 comments:

cheryl said...

it's such a bold but beautiful color!

http://thelittlebrunettemermaid.blogspot.com

Diane's Photography said...

The russian red actually looks sexy on you...beautiful! And I loved the liner too! :D